The Persuaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Persuaders

Called "Amicalement vôtre" (Kindly Your) in French, the American serie "The Persuaders" was a big success on French-speaking TV channels. I was surprised to hear in the news that it had not been a success in the US. Only one season was aired and, following the TV channel France 2, the serie is completely forgotten by the Amrican audience, while it's a cult serie, here.

Some information:-
    The Persuaders! - Wikipedia

Comment

Thanks, Maurice, your link gives the correct translation of "Amicalement votre" : Amicably Yours.

Comment

There are a few episodes available on Super 8mm......

Comment

Whenever we hired a 16mm feature in the 70s we always got a Persuaders episode (on a 2000ft reel) on 16mm included for free as a pre-show, complete with flashes of “commercial break” throughout. We were big fans of the Persuaders.

I did manage to get a Persuaders DVD with a few episodes in the early 2000s and still enjoyed it. I must search to see whether it is available on Bluray…

Comment

Not only is it forgotten here in the US, I have never heard of it! It is available on DailyMotion.com. It looks like some episodes are missing however.

Thanks for the tip Dominique!

The opening:

Comment

Dominique, it was a UK TV series, not American, produced by ITC

Comment

The series has been out on DVD for years, one of the outstanding things about "The Persuaders" is John Barry music, This LP that I have not only covers the soundtrack to "The Persuaders" but many others of his film scores as well.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1210953.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	48183
                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1210954.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	48184

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Sayers View Post
                  Dominique, it was a UK TV series, not American, produced by ITC
                  Oups, sorry for that diplomatic mistake. Since Tony Curtis is in it, I always thought it was American.

Comment

I think I will order this: https://networkonair.com/all-product...eries-blu-ray-

Comment

Lew Grade produced the series for ITC with an eye on the American market, but it didn't go down well there.

Comment

I rather enjoyed the series here in the USA back in the early 1970's. Unfortunately, it was programmed against Mission Impossible which was still a top rated series in an age before home VCR's, streaming, etc. Personally, I think it would have done well in a different day and time slot.

Comment

Having moved from Canada and then growing up in London in the early '70s it was a BIG show on the ITV network. It was originally screened on a Friday night for LWT (the weekend arm of ITV) before moving to the 3pm Sunday slot on the same channel (after The Big Match - football highlights prog). It ran for 3 series and had several (mainly British) guest stars featured. It has most recently been shown weekday evenings in the UK on the 'Great TV' channel

A few years ago I bought the episode 'Death In The Family' as a reminder of my youth as it was one of my favourite TV series growing up 🙂

I'll try and post a picture of the artwork/cases later on today. Btw - Bert at Super8Warehouse has often had episodes for sale on his website.

Comment

check out this Lew Grade: The Persuader - YouTube it shows some behind the scenes

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think that there is an episode of this TV show, on super 8, on eBay right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X