A Grizzly Adams request ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Grizzly Adams request ...

Dear members. I have an original Beta tape release of "The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams" 1974. Does anybody happen to own a good, functional Beta Tape machine? What I would like is to get a DVD copy of the Beta tape for my archives, as well as the hope that the audio from this Beta, is better than later VHS tapes, as I wish to rerecord my optical sound super 8 print. If someone has this equipment and could do this, please PM me. Thanx ahead of time.
    Starts
    November 30, 2021
    Ends
    November 30, 2021

What about Macrovision copy protection?

Comment

Huh? What's that? All I want is a copy that is easy enough to make with one of those PC devices that allows you to make a digital copy of VHS. I assume that Beta would be as easy. If I could acquire a Beta machine to do this locally, I would. I just don't know of anyone who owns one.

Comment

I believe that macrovision didn't work with Beta machines (due to the different Automatic Gain Control circuits, which it used to work) so was never applied to beta video recordings.

Comment

Macrovision worked just as well on Beta machines. I had a Sony HiFi- many in fact and I had to use this Macrovision copy buster- otherwise the film would flicker from light to dark every few seconds. Try the Salvation Army for a cheap beta machine. I saw more than a few the last time I checked.
          Last edited by Alan Rik; December 01, 2021, 10:21 AM. Reason: Added additional information.

Comment

Osi, even if your Beta copy of the movie does have Macrovision protection on it, it will not affect the audio. You may get an unwatchable video copy, but the audio will be just fine.

Comment

Well, that is what I am really after. My question is, if the signal is coming out of the Beta player itself, wouldn't any issue with macrovision, already be handled, as, all a TV really is, even back in the early 80's, a "monitor"? If so, it should give the video just fine, whether a TV from the 80's or a HD monitor these days.

Comment

From what I have read and recall, audio is not affected by macrovision. The copy protection for blurays, "Cinenavia" is embedded in the audio.

I think you are right about macrovision, in that it was designed for the old TV standard, and should not present a problem of today's TV's.

Comment

Working...
                X