Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Her Majestry's Secrect Service 35mm

Would have been good but has vingear syndrome someone put in a bid

35mm Feature Film: JAMES BOND "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969) IB TECH | eBay

I can never understand why people would bid on a film with VS. Too much hassle for me having to ultra clean the projector every time and would worry about it infecting other prints. And the VS itself on this print would surely only get worse and the print would be worthless.

Comment

VS on such a visually stunning print? Tragic.

Comment

I can understand buying a film with VS if its a rare home movie or a lost film etc. but OHMSS better to bin it and watch the blu ray.

Comment

The interesting thing is that the seller says only reels 1 and 2 have VS. The rest of the reels do not. I would not be surprised to find out that the first two reals were stored improperly, and thus develop VS. VS can be postponed with proper care, but the only was I know of to prevent it is to store the film in a freezer.

In the early 20th century, film projectors had a tendency to catch fire. Celluloid film was the norm even though it was essentially made of solid nitroglycerin and liable to catch fire at any moment. In response, safety motion picture film—a triacetate film stock designed to be inflammable—took over as the most common form of motion picture film in the 1950s. It doesn’t catch fire, but there is a tradeoff. It ages. And it ages in a particular way unforeseen at the time—all triacetate film stocks eventually develop vinegar syndrome.
          From: https://www.acidleague.com/blogs/aci...negar-syndrome

Comment

Had 3 people Bid on it went for 416.50 US

35mm Feature Film: JAMES BOND "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969) IB TECH | eBay

Comment

Working...
            X