eBay PayPay buyer seller secrets should we share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay PayPay buyer seller secrets should we share

I've bought more than I've sold on eBay and thought should I share that info. Double bids, off line bidding, foreign currency fees. Postage, couriers, packing. Should I share this info? Have you info ( the real reason for the topic) you'd like to share?

I'll start. Packing. Projectors. If they can move, they'll damage. Use newspaper or the like to pack around the projector to prevent movement. Double box them too. So that the projector is sound fast in a box then pack the box. Lable so that it's oriented the correct way up. Use Click and Collect and print clealy the address lable ensuring lefgability. Click and Collect is eBay solution to sending to a safe address such as Argos. The buyer is then notified to collect. The seller hopefully spendes a bit more time packing knowing tha package is witnessed by staff.
    Sellers, postage involves your time and effort. Charge accordingly explaining this. Use trusted couriers not the cheapest. Remember, no returns is just lip service. The buyer will get their money back. Discribe accurately and price accordingly. As a seller you stand to loose time and postage and the item. Be truthful.
    eBay is a marker. Post during busy times like Christmas can be a lottery. Win an item, ask the seller to hold it for a week or two, so the rush is over. Take photos of your parcel and adress lable. Take videos of recieving your parcel especially underneath so they know it's not been tampered with. Be proactive.

Double bids just make it look like there's two bidders. A bidding war, where as theres jus one bidder who bid the initial bid then a second bid of a bit more.

Offline bidding is as said. Automatic bids placed seconds befor the end. The seller can withdraw the item prior to last second bids. Automatic bids just stop bid wars. If an item has a worth, auto bidding is good for buyers to stick to a max. However, sellers may find it's unfair! This goes back to discription and honesty.

Currency. Always as a seller, only accept your own currency. Buyers may jave forwading addresses in you country but purchase on a forigne currency, costing you money.

Be aware.
    Don't Post if unsure.
    Pack well.
    Be honest.
    Don't be taken for a fool.

Negative feedback is ok.

Either get your money back.
    Or as a seller, if you don't like the attitude of the buyer, don't post.

Anyway. Better get to bed now.

It's kind of funny, this post, as I ran into something strange. I was listing a new item on my eBay, and there was a 2.00 charge just to list it. It's not late in the month, nor have I listed too many items either, it's early on the month, so I was fairly surprised to have a two dollar charge. I simply added an extra two dollars to the auction, to end up with what I want to end up with, bit still surprised to see that charge.

Comment

Simple solution when Buying - use Hammersnipe! You set your Maximum Bid and sit back - if you get outbid so be it- better than paying over the odds.

Comment

Your guide to HammerSnipe:-
        Features - HammerSnipe (auctionstealer.com)

Comment

Hammersnipe and other offline auto bidders have some drawbacks.

1. If no bid except for last second auto bids the seller may activly end the auction early to avoid them.

2. Depending on the final value. If in the £100s the bids must increase by 10s or more. So having an auto bid of £202 may actually loose to a prior bid of £200. So last second bids can fail.

I know there is a worry that on occasions a bidder may feel as if they're being forced by "a sellers friend" to up a bid. Mostly that's not the case. Ebay is quite active on that kind of thing.

But yep, never go over your limit.

Comment

A series of posts in the sales section, brings up a question or problem that I never encountered with eBay before. I received emails for the last two weeks, concerning favorite eBay sellers, stating new items offered by said sellers, but when I click on new. Items offered, when it goes to eBay, it doesn't show any price and if its already sold, it doesn't say, " Item no longer available", or " bidding had ended on this item". The seller on here, stated that he had arranged to sell them on eBay, but chose not to, but was not able to cancel the impending auctions. I do not doubt his word, I am just curious. Are we able to pick a time when auction begins, ahead of time? If so, is this a new option? I have been selling for years, and never knew that you could do this. I just thought that you just click "list item" and boom, it's immediately up.

Comment

Osi

You have always been able to select the time your item list starts when you list it. There is a box to tick somewhere towards the bottom of the page you are filling in to tick which then lets you then type a date and time. I am not sure if there is a charge for this, used to be 30p. As an item is up for a set amount of time it will normally finish at the same time of day as it started, by using this facility you can time the item to finish at a time when most people will be free from work or awake to bid i.e. after work when they are sat in the house. You could write the listing at 4 am on a Monday but it wont start until 5 pm on a Saturday the time it will eventually end at the auction close. eBay has a few little options like this hidden away but it is so much hassle finding out about them I have given up looking for them nowadays

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bored.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	49065
              Attached Files

Comment

As Nick states, Scheduled Selling. So that you can plan the best time for the auction to end. Most traffic. But with offline snipe sites, it's a little redundant.

Comment

Working...
                X