New Super 8 Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Super 8 Projector

I found this on you tube, not sure about it yet....... Comments?

https://youtu.be/T341EIGjI1c

Click image for larger version

Name:	Attentive.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	49228

It looks like a fun project to build. A nice conversation piece to put in you home cinema. I certainly would not watch a movie on it for obvious reasons...

Comment

Video's 10 years old! So did a YouTube search. Found a few all dateing for around 10 years. Like a fad. There's some Intresting looking stuff. I didn't view. Also something called Vitascope, by Roko. Not sure on spellings. A puzzel made of wood. A projector from a year ago.

Have you over the years seen fads or sperts of interest that didn't sustain. Be nice to have a National (International) Projection Day. A yearly event 😊 A family time to bore the kids with 😄

The claw and sprokets are too expensive. I don't want to forget them but not off the shelf (in my view).

Audio is ok with being just shoved and pulled along. Visual has mechanical registration. Any chance it could be optical registration?

Comment

A few of us here have made the Vitascope wooden projector. I have one myself interesting, but as the film is slit to 24mm (from 35mm) and has non-standard perforations only the loop provided will show on it.

Comment

Looks a good way to destroy a film. Any copies of The Rose available?

Comment

Now ... Someone must invent Lego film, for the Lego projector!

Comment

And make a print of the Lego Star Wars on it.

Comment

Working...
              X