Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best wishes for 2022 and how old will we be ...ages of collectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wishes for 2022 and how old will we be ...ages of collectors?

Hi all,

its interesting to see the passing of the years and the memories that go with them.

I am interested to know the average age - even personal ages of the colletors on this forum.

I myself will be 61 years in 2022 as I started collecting 8mm 50ft cut downs in 1975...how the years have passed.

How old are some of you others on here...I know that some have to be in their mid 80s early 90's.

I remember filming Phil Sheards 40th Birthday party on video in my home town of Cleethorpes in about 1991. I was about 29 at the time so that would make Phil about 70...it seemed like yesterday.

I remember visiting Paul Adsett with my family when we went to Florida in 2005 and Paul and his family made us so welcome...I reckon Paul must be about 65 now hey Paul?

Seriously, how the years have passed...so..so quickly.

Take care all and I am certainly hoping that 2022 brings more happiness for all and I am certainly hopeful I will make my trip back to Florida next June...when again I can do some singing performances as well.

Best to all for 2022..."Ill see you in my films..."

Mark

Hi Mark

Is that the Birthday with the strippergram wearing black underwear suspenders etc. See how I remembered that. Was that Denise.? I’m still 58 turning 59 next year.

Yes, another fun packed 2022 ahead of us looking much like 2021 and 2020. Least the night clubs are closed after 27 December so I can’t get into any mischief. Well known medical fact that COVID only operates after midnight.

Anyway have a good Christmas break and a Healthy Happy New Year to all.

Mike

Comment

Happy New year from a soon to be 70 year old.

Comment

Happy New year (although it's early). I'm 53.

Comment

As of January 7th 2022, I will be 56, and still able to do 70 push-ups in little more than a minute! After all, I need to keep up me strength to carry around that ELMO GS 1200!

Comment

I am 61.

However if you subtract 53 years you get the age I usually act...........
            Last edited by Chip Gelmini; December 23, 2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Well. At the beginning of the year I expect to be the same age as I am now. With age creeping in from the past. Heading to my annual birthday when I expect to add a year. 56. Could be a chance of rain

Comment

I’m hitting year numbero three-o of film collecting as of today! And I’ll be turning *redacted* next month!
                Last edited by Lincoln Thorn; December 23, 2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

My number's unlisted....Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Caruso View Post
                    My number's unlisted....Cheers, Shorty
                    Actors always knock years off their real age.🙄

Comment

Chip! Very funny! I'd love to tell a Groucho Marx joke about age, but out of respect for the ladies on the forum ... I won't. I am happy to say that I have a lot of films, in my collection, older than me!

Comment

Turning 60 in just a couple of days before Osi, I started collecting in 1978, I did an animated cartoon for my final art exam so my dad took me out and bought a eumig sound projector, my first super 8 films were 1 million years bc and Star Wars 200ft.

Comment

Phillip! What a wonderful similarity! Back in the mid 1980's, I made a pencil animated cartoon. The funny thing is that I never even put it on film. Each and every 3x5 sheet of paper is still stored in a box! I suppose the best thing I could do is transfer the whole thing Xerox style and, if I had the money or technology, color it by computer.

Comment

Osi......breaking wind usually helps me when movies don't. But then again, there's Blazzing Saddles.......

Comment

52 (I tell you this only because here are no ladies 🤣)

Comment

Working...
                              X