No announcement yet.

What was your first ever FILM view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken, I loved that story of the home made projector and the sheet on the wall! So close to some of my early film experiences.

Comment

Osi,

Funny! It was one of Disney's many re-releases.

My parents took lots of home movies, so the very noisy B&H projector got a lot of use. I think the first package film I saw was a Castle nature short.

Comment

First few cinema trips would be - Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs / The Sound of Music / Chitty Chitty Bang Bang / Oliver / Paint Your Wagon (yes THAT waste of time)!

First with a Girlfriend - What's Up Doc ? (Barbra Streisand)

First experience with surround sound (and first AA film) - Tommy (The Who)

First X films - High Plains Drifter c/w The Gauntlet (was about 15 or 16 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

First (and only) film to leave me traumatized - The Towering Inferno (was only 13 at the time. Sat on the front row of a 2000 seater auditorium with a huge screen so the impact was massive.)

First mucky picture (Well! It was a badge of honour when you are a teenager.....and it was a double bill!) - Candido Erotico c/w My Nights With Sandra,Olga,Susan and Julie ! (never ever come across either of them again to this day, including dvd, video or 8/16mm..... not that I want to!) (Gave me an education, though!!) (Mum and Dad never found out either !)

First cinema experience of 3D - Halloween 3

First time the supporting picture was better than the one I actually wanted to see - The French Lieutenants Woman c/w The Jazz Singer

First 70mm - 2001 A Space Odyssey

First 70mm on an Imax screen - Lawrence of Arabia (Bradford)

...... and finally.......

First 8mm film that got me addicted to this great hobby - The Vagabond (Charlie Chaplin). Was a 200' Standard 8mm silent a friend had bought.

Comment

Working...
        X