Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cinesun event planning 2022 - formerly know as ffcc.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinesun event planning 2022 - formerly know as ffcc.........

IT’S SHOWTIME FOLKS! FFCC IS NOW CINESUN 2022

This is the last ditch effort to organize this event.

Formerly “Florida Film Collector’s Convention” it will now be called “Cinesun.”

If I don’t get any volunteers I will be forced to pull the plug and the event will be killed.

Please step forward and be willing to help make it happen!

My email address is below should you wish to address any questions that you would prefer to keep confidential if for any reason. Otherwise let’s respond within this thread.

It’s very simple:

CONTACT ME!

Thanks!

Chip Gelmini
    Brooksville, Fl. USA

Clgjr1960@aol.com

PS: I would be VERY GREATFUL if I could have some decent thread time for all to see. Do not bump me to soon. Thanks!
    Last edited by Chip Gelmini; January 11, 2022, 01:19 PM.

You can't imagine how much I want to be involved with this, Chip, it's just trying to make the time and how to manage wife and kids as well. I am in a unique circumstance with my family that makes it very difficult to go on an y trip or activity, period. If I can go, I will give you as early of a notice as possible, and I would LOVE to be involved to some level, but until I can commit, I wish you the best of efforts. OSI

Comment

Thanks, Osi. You can jump on board anytime. No one can go to it if it doesn't exist. Please consider that part. Perthaps with some Zoom chatting and live video you can attend Cinesun without leaving your home! Wouldn't that be better than no event at all?

Comment

Step 1: Get some help organzing.

Step 2: Check back with the hotel in Spring Hill, FL.

Step 3: Get the advertising started!

and so on..................

Comment

A bump to the top for you, Chip.

Comment

Thanks. It lasted about an hour.

Grrrrrrrrrr........

Comment

Chip, I think the timing on this is working against you. We are all preoccupied with this latest (hopefully the last) round of Covid anxiety. I suggest that you re-visit this later this year.

Comment

Thank you very much Ed for your concern I would like to host this event in the summer so I feel now is the time to start planning hopefully we will be in a better situation by then. I have taken your advice under consideration but at the same time let us remember our troops at Wildwood NJ have had two meet ups since the pandemic began and as far as we know have not had any problems.......

Comment

Will you have popcorn? (Bump)

Comment

Thank you very much for the continued support it is greatly appreciated.

Comment

... and itd better have hot butter!

Comment

Chip, it’s great to hear of someone trying to organise a film convention, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavours but you have immediately fallen foul of apathy from people who want to attend as long as someone else does all the work. This is what normally happens to people who strive to achieve something and need help. Requests to provide popcorn seems a trivial request given the mountain you have to climb. Best of luck from the uk.

Comment

My goal is VERY far from being done.

As CINESEA meets at the same location twice per year - I am trying for that as well. But mine will have a twist.

In August: Cinesun here in Spring Hill, Florida.

Then in February: Cinesnow where I grew up on beautiful Cape Cod. My home away from home!

It's a long shot. But it is my goal for success.

Comment

My only desire to put up requests for hot butter is to bump the topic back up so people will possibly notice it. I know this may seem absolutely obvious to anybody, but apparently not. Therefore, for those that cannot grasp the obvious, I will make sure that each post states, "This post is a "bump", a bump is designed to bring a topic back up to the top, in order to keep it in the public mind. It is in no way a contract for services or a cosmic enlightenment."

Comment

Keep your cool Osi, don’t lower the tone of the forum by resorting to being offensive I believe that would violate forum rules so be careful. Sarcasm is not required. This is a forum for adults you would do well to remember that.

Last edited by Phil Moors; January 15, 2022, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X