Parcells stolen in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcells stolen in the US

Please, don't make this thread political, it's just informative. It seems that many items are stolen from parcells transported by train, especially in the Los Angeles area. Thieves openen the boxes ans take what seems to have value for them. If they see a film projectors or films, they will certainly throw thew away...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220115_200248.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	51820 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220115_200250.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	51821 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220115_200252.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	51822 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220115_200311.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	51823 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220115_200301.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	51824

I saw this on the news last night Dominique. This is very serious. Because of covid there is a worker shortage and now coupled with the stealing of packages there is a large chance that items we order may not be received. Hopefully the railroad will implement stronger security measures to curtail the thefts.

Comment

I saw that too! Glad that, 9 times out of 10, I ship by USPS!

Comment

According to Fox News 210 million parcels are estimated to have been stolen in the last year alone in the US. That figure if it is accurate is simply staggering. I had no idea that the situation was so bad. How can so many parcels go missing. But as there are on average 20 billion parcels delivered in the US it is a small percentage, but a major inconvenience if your rare Super 8 or 16mm film is amongst the items lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
          I saw that too! Glad that, 9 times out of 10, I ship by USPS!
          Good point Osi. Stealing an Amazon package off someone's porch will get you in trouble, but stealing a post card from your mailbox is a Federal offense.

Mail Theft

This is a self explanatory one. According to the Unites States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS), they made 2,487 arrests for mailbox theft. 18 U.S. Code § 1708 makes stealing mail, even something as small as a postcard, a federal felony. It sets the maximum punishment at five years in prison and a possible fine.
          Source: https://felonies.org/what-are-the-pu...ated-felonies/

Comment

There are loads of mishaps/lousy/stolen delivery in my country. But seeing this scale of theft is well beyond my imagination...to say at least.

Look as if this had been easily done in broad daylight, and in plain sight of anyone passing by. Is that really the case??

Comment

As far as business from the UK is concerned its been a difficult couple of years shipping anywhere if you are involved in film/media
              We've had media cards go missing..thank goodness for backup and films lost in translation.

Difficult times indeed. Regular post seems to be best as UPS sat on a film parcel for 3 months when we left the eee U. I was not alone either for my business post.

All I would add is document everything to the letter you may need them.

Comment

A main reason for not selling and buying less. I can't accept 10% loss, which seem the norm. 1 in 10 missing or damaged. So I don't post to make a profit only to help out. I only buy when the price is right. It's not the value so much it's the item. What's the point in sending a projector that has a 50% chance of making it to it's destination! A HD file projector, ok, no worries but a "that's a good example of a "such and such"" I'll have that. Or a film that hasn't gone red. Lost! Second had isn't replaceable.

Comment

I have found that FedEx from the UK is VERY reliable, as it is shipped directly by airplane, no trains, and arrives in 3 or 4 days!

Comment

Working...
                  X