Panayotis (Takis) Karayannis passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panayotis (Takis) Karayannis passed away

It is with deepest sorrow that I inform the members of the forum that our beloved friend Takis passed away last week at the age of 71. Takis was one of the most knowledgeable film collectors that I ever met-and his collection was among the largest ones in Greece-rich with rare items that international collectors would envy, especially in titles of the silents'era. He contributed repeatedly to many movie magazines-and obviously to this forum- and his library was also full of movie-related publications. He attended many conventions in the UK from Blackpool to Pimlico and made many friends among international fellow collectors.

Apart from the above, Takis was a kind and compassionate person who was always eager to help people in many ways with his drugstore, supplying repeatedly medication for free to the needy. His lovely character, his wit and humor, his mindfulness and open ego earned him the respect and sincere admiration of all who had the luck to get to know him. It is so hard for myself and all his friends to come to terms with this so sudden and untimely loss. I am certain that all members of the forum who personally knew Takis will join us in expressing our most sincere sympathy to his family.

May he rest in peace and his memory be eternal...

Please let me be the first to send condolences to all who knew him from across the pond in the USA this is very sad news and I hope you will be OK

Comment

My deepest condolences! I enjoyed his many contributions to this forum and elsewhere. I wish his family and friends good comfort at this time and beyond. Best wishes and regards. Sincerely Osi Osgood and family.

Comment

Yannis,

Thank you for letting us know about Panayotis. He joined this Forum over 13 years ago and his knowledge, helpfulness and humor shone through all his postings. It was always exciting to read about him finding a print that he had been searching for. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

Comment

I'm very saddened to learn this. Pan and I just recently corresponded, he sent me four 8mm silent shorts (free), because there was a delay of the mail in my original payment, then I sent another payment. The first one showed up finally (he sent the films anyway, sweet guy), then the second payment arrived (we laughed, he says you can have me sent it back or take another 4 films) I chose the latter...we often worked nice film exchanges...he was going to send me that Christmas Seals film in S8Sound, that I longed to find...I will miss my dear friend very much and extend my Prayers to family and friends alike...Farewell dear Pan, Shorty

Comment

I am very sorry to see this news. I never knew Panayotis but recall always being amazed by his collection in the old forum thread “how many films do you have on super 8” he also always seemed happy in his postings. To his family and friends I am sorry for your loss.

Comment

What an awfull news. It's always very sad to loose a good person.

Comment

Indeed. A very sad news.

RIP Takis.

Comment

Sad news. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

So sad to read this. Some of his films are in our collection.
                    We pray for family and friends they are comforted and remember our friend.

Looked forward to his posts and he was a great enthusiast for film.
                    God bless.

Comment

Working...
                    X