The Power Of The Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Power Of The Dog

Well its been a long time since I visited the cinema, but today this one from Netflix was on the big screen. I thought mmmm I would give it a go. Although its suppose to be in "Montana" in the US. The filming in fact was done here in the South Island on a farm. The farmer had been interviewed on TV as to how his location was chosen. That got me interested, although I had never heard of "The Power Of The Dog", I think its based on a book.

I must say it was nice to return to the cinema, as for the movie I would say its "not for everyone", but I can see it doing very well at the Oscars. Directed by New Zealander Jane Campion, she has assembled quite a outstanding cast. Its unlikely you will be able to see it at the cinema, as it has a limited release.

All up, very interesting with neat twist at a ending, which I wont disclose.

Anyway that was my day at the cinema .

PS The movie was screening at the "Lumiere" in town one of the nicest cinemas around. Funny thing though, you have to show your vaccine pass these days to most places. When I turned up, I said do you want to see mine?, the reply was we know you "Graham" you will be right, and that was wearing a mask .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	86180491_2659316104136897_1277274169469304832_n.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	51907
    Click image for larger version

Name:	86191249_2659315270803647_6609921081899745280_n.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	51908
    Last edited by Graham Ritchie; January 16, 2022, 06:48 PM.

Looks like a very nice cinema Graham! We watched it on the big screen at home over the weekend and I thought it was a pretty good film with truly amazing cinematography. Every shot was like a work of art. Well worth a watch.

Comment

If you are ever here in Christchurch Xander, then a visit to the Arts Centre and the "Lumiere" are situated is worth it, even to just have a look around the cinema call in. The chap that runs it really known his stuff on films, used to be on TV doing reviews years ago of art house films. I noticed a exhibit of a old Ernemann 2 sitting on the floor when I came in yesterday . There are two screens and his presentations of movies in my view are perfect. The Scope image to screen size is spot on as with his sound levels.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Graham, we visited our son in CHCh in April and then we got locked down later in 2021 unable to go anywhere. He’s moving down to Dunedin in a couple of weeks and we are likely to visit there this year, so not sure when we will get to ChCh again, but is a beautiful city and definitely on my list to go back when the opportunity arises.

Comment

Working...
        X