My Pal Paul - 1930

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pal Paul - 1930

I have just been watching the Blu-ray of the 1930 film "The King Of Jazz" with Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra in two-colour Technicolor. In one of the extras there is a splendid 1930 Walter Lantz cartoon with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit using music from the film. Click below to watch.
    MY PAL PAUL (1930) - YouTube
    Of course, Oswald was created by Walt Disney and for a time his cartoons were released by Universal. Apparently, when the time came to renew his contract, it was refused. This was bad enough for Walt, but, even more so, was that Universal claimed the rights to Oswald which were then handed over to Walter Lantz.. However, this did fortunately lead to the creation of Mickey Mouse. And Walt never looked back.

I have that restored film myself, and I was surprised to see how good the color was on this early color release. It was cool how they added back in so much extra comedy that was cut. Cool to see a very young Bing Crosby.

Comment

I have the Derann-released trailer for King of Jazz. I was delighted when the Blu Ray was released.

Comment

Working...
      X