Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last farnworth film fair............???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last farnworth film fair............???

Hi everyone,

This is the hardest letter I’ve ever had to write in my life ......... everything FILM related must now go in a new direction….. I remember when I was 6 years old watching Peter Pan in Black & White on 16mm, I’ve never forgotten that “MAGIC” of the BIG SCREEN, and I never will.

After dad died over 5 years ago, I’ve kept Farnworth Film Fair going, but I will no longer be able to facilitate this as I’m going back to study at UNIVERSITY for the next 4 years……I hope someone else with the same passion as I’ve had, can carry on this event? Please keep in touch, and if you feel you can do Farnworth justice, then please let me know. To everyone who has supported us in the past, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.X

I only managed to get there for the first time this year, but many thanks from me for keeping it going long enough for me to do so.
    Unfortunately as I live in London there is no chance of me being able to anything to help, except promising that if it can be continues I will attend again.

Comment

So many memories Nigel and I will be sorry to see your much loved event go but you have done your Dad proud and a big thankyou for all the effort. Farnworth was our favourite event being a smaller more intimate gathering where everyone could get together for a chat, exchange ideas and of course come away with some great collectables for our collections. The long standing Farnworth event was special to many with a few coming from outside the UK from time to time which was a nice surprise.

On a personal note. It was a pleasure to know your late father and also thank you for all you have done as well with the British film scene.
      Hope Uni goes really well for you and love to both.

PS A minor upside is I filmed the event for my forthcoming S8 epic and you were perfectly exposed in that bowler hat

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Parkinson View Post
        Hi everyone,

This is the hardest letter I’ve ever had to write in my life ......... everything FILM related must now go in a new direction….. I remember when I was 6 years old watching Peter Pan in Black & White on 16mm, I’ve never forgotten that “MAGIC” of the BIG SCREEN, and I never will.

After dad died over 5 years ago, I’ve kept Farnworth Film Fair going, but I will no longer be able to facilitate this as I’m going back to study at UNIVERSITY for the next 4 years……I hope someone else with the same passion as I’ve had, can carry on this event? Please keep in touch, and if you feel you can do Farnworth justice, then please let me know. To everyone who has supported us in the past, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.X
        Hello Nigel please check your private messages. I wish to speak to you about Farnworth. Cheers, Pete

Comment

Working...
        X