Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farnsworth Film Fair

Hi all,
    I am sure that most of you will have seen or read that Nigel Parkinson is giving up the Farnworth Film Fayre. This I think is the smallest of the current film fayres and it would be a shame to lose it. I am therefore considering taking this on.
    I have approached Nigel and he is happy for me to continue running it. If I do take this on, I would intend to run it as Nigel has run it for the last few years and his father for numerous years before. Also I would hope to keep the door charge down to a minimum as Nigel did.
    However at the end of the day it all depends on you as fellow film enthusiasts. I’m not looking to make money out of this but I do need to cover my overheads.
    If the Farnworth Film Fayre is to continue I need to know that people still want it to go ahead and are prepared to get behind it.
    So the question is, would anyone be prepared to support me in keeping this going, either by helping with the organisation, helping on the day, having a table at the event or just coming through the door.
    If you would, please leave a message on here or you can contact me by email clivecasey1@gmail.com
    As the saying goes, USE IT OR LOSE IT.

Clive Casey.

Wish I were there to help - Cheers mate - Shorty

Comment

Hi Clive nice lad Nige.
      We were planning to revive the East Lancashire Film Fair having been inundated with requests as well but with the virus thing that's on hold. I'm finding venues are being responsible and withholding bookings which is fine for the better part so will have to see how it goes on throughout the year.
      Memories of my last film fair (before the great electrical fire) were some first time visitors coming along saying 'I wished I had been before now' but that's the way it goes.
      East Lancashire Film Fair will reappear once the world settles down and you will find people will support the much loved Farnworth event as we will.

Personally I prefer the smaller events. You get to meet and chat to more visitors and prices are more realistic as a snap shot. Go for it Clive and people will be behind you!

My first film fair
      Click image for larger version  Name:	NOw1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	5850

A minor point. Its Farnworth just a couple of miles out of Bolton :-)

Comment

Thanks for your response Shorty and Lee it is appreciated.

Comment

Sorry if I did it wrong Doug, I thought that maybe the 16mm and the 9.5mm guys wouldn't look in the 8mm general yak, so by putting it in all of them I would get maximum coverage.
          Clive

Comment

Happy to continue supporting this, Clive and thanks for your efforts, they are appreciated!

Comment

Clive,

That's no problem at all. I try to avoid duplicate threads, however I'll keep the closed versions of your topics in the different sections so that everyone can see and hopefully give you the support you need. Best of luck!

Doug

Comment

Clive - I have been to the last three events and as far as I can see, it is thriving. I don't know the financial ins and outs as to its viability....that is something for you to discuss with Nigel..... but from a customer point of view I would say it is a very healthy, prosperous gathering! I think Lee was right when he said that this gathering gives us a chance to have more of a natter then even on the Sunday at Blackpool......I put the "blame" fairly and squarely on the pie and peas !
                I cannot see any reason why a "change of management but business as usual" would affect the numbers either taking tables, or just coming through the door. Why should it ? We are one big fraternity ! You are amongst friends and we are ALL on your side.
                I say GO FOR IT..... and look forward to seeing the message further down this thread that gives the date for Farnworth 2021 !

Comment

Clive. i agree with Melvin. this is a great event, and looked forward to by many. i have spoken with Eaine Guest and she will support it as a dealer if its in its usual month. im confident that the same support will come from other dealers and collectors. Paul.

Comment

Hi Clive, I would also like to think I would be there too.

Comment

And be sure to buy some of Johns excellent reprinted Walton S8 400ft boxes they really are superb!

Comment

As I put on the Derann Facebook group. I enjoyed my first visit this year and would come back if repeated next year.

Comment

Just read above coments and have to say "I will attend any further meetings at Farnworth and do anything I can to promote this wonderful event, which MUST BE PRESERVED!

Comment

Well done Clive, been attending Farnworth for years, a great venue very friendly and loads of bargains. Always something to look forward to after Christmas, would be such a shame to see it go! It's up to all of us to support these events and help keep this amazing hobby alive and kicking! I look forward to hear news of the next Farnworth Film Fayre, once again cheers Clive.

Comment

thanks clive lets all support our great hobby and keep this must for film collectors alive cheers simon

Comment

Working...
                              X