German Film Fair "Cinematographica", April 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Film Fair "Cinematographica", April 2022

After a pause of two years due to the Corona virus, the most popular German film fair, the Cinematographica, was held again in the beautiful wine village of Deidesheim (Rhineland- Palatinate). This event is organized by the 3F-Museum Deidesheim, dedicated to photography, motion picture film and television *)
    On Friday evening, April 22, a film screening was held in the museum's vaulted cellar - a charming place, as the audience is surrounded by all kinds of film and television equipment, The show consisted of shorts in Standard 8, Super 8 and 16mm - professional productions (cartoons, a Marketing digest...) as well as films shot by some of the visitors. The evening was so well attended, that for the first time we actually ran out of beer!
    The main event took place on Saturday, April 23, in the town hall of Deidesheim: Equipment like cameras and projectors, viewers, tripods and accessories were on sale as well as films in 8, 16 and 35mm.
    According to the organiziers, there were about 45 exhibitors plus 150 visitors who had just come to buy.
    Towards the end of the film fair, the film museum held an auction, where duplicate equipment from the collection was sold off.

Joachim Schmidt shot a nice video about the event for his off2-website (English subtitles available): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hnFFrwaaJI

*)The abbreviation "3F" is for the German terms "Foto", "Film" and "Fernsehtechnik"

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	325.0 KB ID:	58899 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	138.6 KB ID:	58900 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	319.5 KB ID:	58901 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	350.7 KB ID:	58902 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	324.9 KB ID:	58903 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	324.0 KB ID:	58904 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	265.6 KB ID:	58905 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	324.8 KB ID:	58906 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	311.7 KB ID:	58907
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eberhard Nuffer; April 27, 2022, 05:02 AM.

What a wonderful feeling that must have been for you Eberhard! I have yet to attend such an event yet most of my prized prints come from Germany! It would be awesome to attend one of these events in the future. I am so looking very forward to share your experience!

Comment

Burton, I have visited all film fairs in Deidesheim so far as well as most in the previous location, Waghaeusel.
      For me, it's always like a birthday and Christmas together. Spending two days with fellow "reel film addicts" is unbeatable.
      I hope I'll be able to attend CineSea next year in October (if there is one...)

Comment

Nice photos Eberhard. It looks a great event, well attended and on a positive note good demographic mix of collectors and people attending the event. Germany is certainly the centre of the Super 8 world.

Mike

Comment

-and Deidesheim looks like less than an hour's drive away from my family in Baden-Württemberg!

Interesting!

Maybe someday!

Comment

Eberhard,

What a wonderful event! The museum cellar looks like the perfect location to have a screening.

Yes, there will be a CineSea in October and I hope to meet you there! We are set for the weekend of October 7th, 2022.

Comment

Fantasic! Similar size to East Lancs film fair and so very well done. All about the film which is what counts.

Comment

What a wonderful venue. Film projection in a wine cellar - you can't top that!

Comment

That is Wine Country: a hundred years ago my family owned a vineyard there.

-as a matter of fact it was this one!

(-and that's why my grandfather found himself on a ship steaming to New York!)
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1216.JPG Views:	0 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	58943

Comment

Working...
                  X