Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A potentially interesting ebay thought ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A potentially interesting ebay thought ...

I was kicking back last night with the wifey, looking at stuff I watch on ebay, and commented to my good lady ...

" You know something, just once, I'd like to see something that I am watching, actually end in the morning, while I am at the internet cafe, instead of having to try to win it in the afternoon on my cellphone. " (which for me is hard to do).

Then, it occurred to me, yeah, that is weird. I rarely have anything end in the mornings. All the auctions I am interested in, always seem to end in the afternoons.

I wonder, how many ebay auction are started and ended in the afternoons, and how many in the mornings? I bet a much higher percent are in the afternoons. So, you're thoughts?

Osi

It depends where the auction is located. I tend to end in the evenings so with the time difference that is likely to be afternoons for you.

Mike

Comment

Good point, Mike.

Osi - You didn't disclose whether the stuff you are watching was based in the US or the UK ? The majority of UK items WOULD finish in your afternoon / our evening. Also, the US is a BIG country and not knowing exactly where you are geographically in the States, it could be that most of the stuff you view in your country is still a few hours ahead of you.

Comment

I almost always watch U.S. items. Excessive shipping costs scare me away from overseas auctions.

Comment

Years ago, I was very much into selling stuff on ebay and Amazon. I even purchased a book that told you all the ins and outs of ebay, to try to be more successful at selling on there.

Basically, one of the biggest things was choosing the timing for the end of your auction, which should always end in the evening. Also, if possible, at the weekend (preferably Sunday).

This is because most working people can see the auction ending in the evening and Sunday is when ebay has the most traffic (or did do back then).

Comment

Working...
          X