“Do it yourself” Laurel and hardy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Do it yourself” Laurel and hardy

I’ve seen this title offered for sale twice on Blackhawk films but have never heard of it and checking there filmography I didn’t see it is it one of those off titles of another title repackaged?

Could it be The Finishing Touch?
    There's plenty of doing it themselves in that one.

Comment

its the 4th from the bottom this is the second one I've seen I was going to buy the 1st one but waited to long.

Comment

I have this film.
        It is the last twenty minutes of their 1938 feature "Blockheads". I assume it is edited for TV showing.
        This is where the boys have hidden Mrs Gilbert to save an awkward situation, but things go wrong and her husband, a big game hunter, chases the boys with his elephant gun and lets of a shot which scares scores of half-dressed men to swiftly exit the apartment block.
        The new title refers to Mrs Hardy's refusal to cook a dinner for Stan and says to her husband, "If you want a cooked dinner, do it yourself".

Comment

Thanks Maurice I thought it was something like that but just wanted to make sure thanks again for your info. Thanks

Comment

Jim
            I was glad to help.
            I have another similar cut-down from a Laurel & Hardy feature.
            "Alter Ego" is from their 1941 "A Chump At Oxford". It's about 900ft.

Comment

I remember getting the opening job agency sequence from Chumps at Oxford as a 400 sequence and splicing it onto the 3x400 version. Made a more satisfying feature and prints whilst not exactly matching worked fine.

Comment

Working...
              X