Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does a Hobby become an investment strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investment is a tricky word...like stock there are both the common and the preferred...like record albums, emphrema, toys and other assets. One has to discern (in film), which direction to go. If you buy willy-nilly, that isn't a sound investment or pleasant hobby, as you will have items hanging around that you will lose both interest and value. The way to keep it a happy hobby and some potential gain is to watch the film market and collectors/dealers in what is bought and thought of. No matter the gauge or the accessories.As for me, I continually balance what the mainstream is telling me and anticipating trends before they became the rage..sounds complicated, but that's Shorty

Comment

Go with your own taste and likes. If you start buying films just for resale value I think you lose the magic.

Comment

I think some people were doing that at CHC which was the reason for Phil saying that anyone found immediately selling films they bought from him on EBay wouldn't be welcome in the future.

Comment

Sounds pretty foolish to me . I could care less WHAT you do with a film I sell you ! I've made my money ( or LOST money ) on it ! You want to cut your customers , then fine . Go out of business . This type of " control " stinks of more " bullying " , just like the Italian company is doing to collectors . Sounds like sellers are so scared someone MIGHT make money on a re-sale than they did .

Comment

Funny, I was thinking this is the man at Blackpool who wanted offers on films rather than fixed prices. What does he do? Watch eBay every day looking for the pretty boxes he makes? What does immediate mean. You could buy a film and not like it so you have to keep it forever. Dig a hole in the garden! You couldn’t make it up.

Comment

I think he found some on EBay the day after selling. Mind you the one he tried to sell on there himself didn't get a high price (Fantasia 2000), remember that?

Comment

Working...
              X