Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is something from one of our members that needs to be on film.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is something from one of our members that needs to be on film.......

Check this out : www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iAs_I53-Kw

So awesome !

OK, it was fun, but it would need far better graphics to justify a super 8 release, but fun, none the less. Good job.

Comment

Oh yeah , according to whom ?
      I've seen far WORSE on 16mm AND 35MM .
      Even though you state it was " fun , non the less " , you insult the creativity and effort of a talented group of people who put it all into such a project .

Shame on you FILM GOD Osi .

Comment

Going to say Thunderbirds still live but it is actually Ed Woods meets Lost in Space. Can’t see anyone paying money for it.

Comment

Really enjoyed that, thanks for the link Dave.

They clearly love 'lost in space' (and I like the star trek nod with the automatic doors sound effect) and being a 1960s kid (born in 1957), the Irwin Allen shows are something I hold with great affection.

If you didn't see these shows when you were very young, you may not 'get' them.

Looking forward to the next part.

Comment

Thanks , Gary . At last , a positive thought on the subject .

Comment

My friend, you misunderstand as usual. It was humorous, to be sure, but folks today, myself amongst them, will watch a YouTube video with just OK cgi, but if it comes to something they would slap down they're hard earned money for, they expect top of the line graphics. This is no reflection on the creativity of those involved in the making of the video, of course.

Comment

I think the assessment is film collectors are tight. They might want it but not at today’s prices.

Comment

Today's prices = the price paid in 1970's + inflation rate for 50 years .
                  An 11 minute chapter would be a 200 footer , so your talking 150.00-175.00 .

Osi , the graphics to me look closely like a video game . And being the Film God that you are , your subjects have forgiven you .

Comment

David if you go back to 1970s prices everything today is a bargain. I’m still working on Derann 2000s prices when they used to release super 8. Features were £200-£250 etc.

I remember getting a half crown ( 2 shillings and 6 pennies ) or 12.5 pence in new money for a birthday treat from an uncle and you could have bought the sweetie shop out and still had change.

Comment

Yeah I could buy a 200 foot silent Castle film for 4.95 USD when I was 14 ( 1968 ) .

Comment

That was about £1.56 . You must have been 🤑 filthy rich. Funny I only got into super 8 from 1980’s onwards when the arse dropped out of the market with video arriving so don’t really remember paying the silly prices they asked for digests and mini features. Remember drooling over catalogues and had a science teacher who had 200ft digest of Star Wars and said it cost a fortune.

Comment

Mike , no , I wasn't filthy rich at all . I spent my 5.00 a week window washing job wage and bought films . But my dad didn't approve of it and told me " I should be saving my money to buy a car " . A car is the last thing a 14 year old boy who just LOVED home movies would think about !

Comment

$5.00 a week in 1968. What was he ? Chief executive at Ford or NASA. That was good money for a 14 year old . You wouldn’t be an only child by any chance. We obviously missed out or would have had to sell younger brother’s kidney for that sort of money. So you are officially not filthy rich? Just in case there is an large inheritance involved you could always adopt a deserving soul.

Comment

Mike, Dave's $5.00 per week was from his window washing job. Pretty good money for the time but we don't know how many hours that involved.

I did a bit of caddy work at a local golf club around the same time and that paid six shillings per round (30p). Mind you, wages were / are lower and prices higher here in the UK than in the USA.

Comment

Working...
                              X