Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of Florida June - 2022..:Machine Gun America"

Hi all,

as mentioned previously...just returned from a trip to Florida...postponed over 3 years...due to Thomas Cook going under and then Covid.

I've been many times and despite having many good friends in the USA...it was a let down..the tourist area is "skidding" along on its "bare bones"...anyway... this completely "genuine" sign I took a picture of only just a week ago...well...

"Machine Gun America...Fun for the Whole Family"

What do you think? Someone even offered to take me to a "shoot all" you can day at another "family friendly" gun range...it reminded me of "RoboCop" in its cynicism?

take care

Machine Gun America sounds fun 🤩. What could possibly go wrong? Take it must be light calibre or you would have one hell of a sore shoulder.

My Dad acquired a Thompson machine gun in mid 1960s (war surplus) and he was into shooting. He planned to fast track rabbit shooting on a cousins farm. Unfortunately, by the time they mastered the gun they had run out of ammunition and couldn’t get anymore. The rabbits 🐰 were safe. They scarped after the 1st blast.

Comment

It is incredibly fast to actually skin a rabbit. A had a neighbor many years ago, that had a hutch full O rabbits. I watched while, one Saturday morning, he happily sang, " Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail ", as he quickly skinned a whole hutch of Rabbits! I don't know which was funnier ... Him singing that as he did the skinning, or the more panicked looking rabbits in the hutch with each one taken from the hutch.

Comment

Yes, memories of eating light brown chicken 🐔 which was rabbit 🐇. When we discovered the truth I was amazed how quick my Mum could skin a rabbit. Memories of little brother running around with one on his head pretending it was a Davy Crockett coonskin.

Comment

Working...
        X