Optical printer ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optical printer ...

Does anybody know of anyone in the U.S. (I'll include Canada), that has a super 8 printer, or the capability to make a negative from a 16mm print, for super 8 prints? Please PM with any suggestions, beyond Andec in Germany. I thank you for your time.

Osi-Are you looking for a printer that can make 16mm negatives. Either 35mm to 16mm and/or 16mm to 16mm? A printer that makes super 8 prints is a whole other thing. I don't have any connections but you also need to print the 16mm neg. correctly.

Comment

I should have worded that better. I am actually looking for a "Device" that will allow me to make a negative for super 8 prints, from a 16mm positive source.

Comment

I had a printer that did just that. It was like a homemade rig. The 16mm side was a 16mm projector. The super 8mm side was 16mm wide, shaped like a box, and could take up to 1200 of double wide super 8 stock.
        You can probably make something like that and use a super 8 camera for the super 8 side as you can only get 50 foot rolls as far as I know.
        Good luck.

Comment

I'm not as ingeneous as that! I'll have to keep looking, but thanks Larry.

Comment

Working...
          X