Big Screen Time Revival 2020 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Screen Time Revival 2020 ?

Does anyone know if this event (due on Sunday 24th May) is cancelled ? I ask this since it's held in a school and I heard that schools closed in the UK. Of course, nobody knows for how long but maybe a decision has already been made about the BSTF ?

I doubt if it will go ahead, but organiser David Tatham should let us know one way or another, although he always seems a little slow on getting info out anyway! But even if it does go ahead, I wonder how many would travel in the current social circumstances!

Comment

I'm a little more optimistic being as its 2 months away Dom. At present we are in what's to be a 1 month country close down and to be reviewed as we go along so the powers that be say. David would be wise to keep everything a go until a little nearer the time perhaps.
      Keep well everyone

Comment

Thanks for your answers. I will follow the classical "Wait and see" position

Comment

What about 9.5 Pimlico Fair next week?

Comment

Pimlico 9.5 film fair has been cancelled and it probably will not be rescheduled later this year. But hopefully it will return next April. Dont forget group 9.5 also organise the get together at Harpenden in October so we hope that will go ahead fingers crossed.

Comment

I had a quick word with David at Chorleywood recently. He has a 'plan B' of rescheduling it in October if necessary, but he may wait a bit longer before ruling out the May date.

Comment

Thanks, Adrian.

Comment

With the UK 'lockdown' now expected to be no less than three months, I think we can assume that the chances of this proceeding in May are virtually nil.

Dominique - if you have already booked coach or train tickets within the UK, I'd check the relevant websites to see if you can get a refund. As it's government policy to discourage non-essential travel, I've now managed to request full refunds in relation to two discounted rail tickets that would not normally be refundable.
                  Last edited by Adrian Winchester; March 30, 2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Adrian, you're probably right about the BSTR. I got a full refund for the hostel nights I booked in April (I luckily hadn't booked any nights for May and June since things were already uncertain, here, a while ago). Eurostar refunds tickets
                    (they give you vouchers, to be precise, which is not exactly the same because some people will probably not able to travel within the limits of the vouchers validity dates and you may not find first prices for your new dates so that means extra costs)
                    to (and from) the UK for all journeys until the 1st June. Hopefully that will be extended (since the 9.5 festival is cancelled) as it would be surprising that everything comes back to normal before the Summer holidays. it was too early to book trains tickets from London to Bradford (where the 9.5 festival was due) so I save the trouble to ask for a refund for that section of the Journey.

Comment

Working...
                    X