Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things to do when stuck at home in lock down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do when stuck at home in lock down.

Might be handy to post a few film related ideas of things to do if you opted to stay at home but we are doing a mix of both.

I'm still working on the next epic Cinema in Miniature II and wanted to include a bit of vintage B&W that had some lines so need to reduce these before I could use the footage. I soaked the film in some warm very slightly soapy water overnight, rinse clean then put on the washing line to dry. Project once dry and the scratches are greatly reduced a tip from 70's magazine Film Making.

Wanted a more solid Scope bracket for my Elmo GS1200 and so got a small piece of sheet aluminium sheet for a start.. This was hack sawed down and bent to shape, drilled then started on the lens holder. Found so bits from previous projects, drilling and filing to shape on the old work mate.
    Gave it a coat of primer and thin top coat. Using thick MDF drilled out a circle to give it extra strength and glued that on left to set 24 hrs.
    Last stage is to final spray coat it and we test it later this week.

We're still being told to go for a walk at distance so went to Blackpool for a nice stroll and take in the sea air always hood for your lungs. It was deserted other than a few having the same idea with everyone else probably shopping for toilet rolls. Weather was very much summer like.

And of course watch some film.

Click image for larger version

Name:	one1.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	6312
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Two2.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	6313

Looks good although no lockdown here, still working....

Comment

Well..... just got sent home today for 2 and a half weeks so now I will be catching up on some viewing.

Comment

Watching things like this

Comment

I just got out the GS1200 and gave it a good clean and ran Ken Films Titanic 200ft sound digest, everything is sounding and running good!, after dinner tonight im going to set it up for scope and run a scope reel through.

Comment

Working...
          X