Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Big Screen Scene Revival

The latest email from Classic Home Cinema reports as follows:-

SUNDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2022HARVEY ROAD PROMARY SCHOOL WD3 3BN BIG SCREEN TIME REVIVAL RUN BY DAVIS TATHAM AGAIN.

A GOOD PROGRAMME TOO

Good news there (I did a cut and paste so forgive the capitals and typo).

This seems a bit late notice to attract a decent crowd, I will try and get their, but trains on a Sunday can be tricky!

Comment

Hi Brian, thanks for sharing Phil's email and thanks to Phil S for sharing the info.

Hi Barry, yes it's been a long slog getting to this point. I had to change the date four times since last October, but didn't want to miss another year.

Please find attached below, the poster for the fourth Big Screen Time Revival. It's going to be an HID special with shows on 8mm, Super 8 and 16 all using HID lamps.

If anyone knows of a 9.5 projector that has been converted to HID that might be available for use, please let me know! Otherwise it will be two converted Elfs, one for Silent speed, for an extra special 100 years of 9.5mm show.

Please do spread the word, if you are good with Facebook, please could you share there, I have yet to have a go .

The show will run from 10:00 to 17:30 and will remain at £7 to include a free cuppa and cake.

If you would like to take a table, please text the number on the poster (attached below hopefully). I have managed to double the number of large tables this year so that's a real bonus.

There will be the usual Bring & Buy, free tables and excellent food provided by my dear wife (catering manager at the school ).

If you like seeing film on a big screen (16 foot) including in scope (hopefully for Standard 8mm too!) then please do come along.

Plenty of accommodation 4 mins down the road and the school is 7 mins from the Jct 18 of M25 with loads of parking. Also only 8 mins walk from Croxley Metropolitan Station.

It would be lovely to catch up with those that have been before and those that are visiting for first time, let's see if anyone can beat Belgium or Greece for International support.

Thanks,

David

16 Oct 22 -Ad - Portrait.pdf

Brad, please could you add this to the events calendar, thank you.

Comment

David,

I have added the Big Screen Time Revival information to the Upcoming Film Conventions & Events thread.

The ad can be found below. Best of luck with the show. I'm sure it will be a big success!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Big Screen 16 Oct 22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	65484

Comment

The 100 years celebration of 9.5 will be held in Paris only two days before the BSTR but I could manage to attend both events.

Comment

Dominique, it will be great to see you.

Last bits coming together ready for next week. We have the Premier, South of England, screening of the Dave Baker Jurassic Park cutdown and a full SCOPE show including the Intro to 007 Tomorrow Never Dies.

Unfortunately due to illness it looks like we won’t be having a Standard 8mm HID show, but the good news is we now have an HID 9.5mm silent projector . To celebrate 100 years of 9.5mm, this will be used to show - A journey through Pathescope offerings, including some of the earliest and latest releases and a few incredibly rare items and A journey through lesser known 9.5mm distributers, again with some rare offerings.

There will also be a classic Popeye and Betty Boop in the 9.5mm sound show.

Geoff Wheeler, the founder of Big Screen Time, is bringing along a 16mm show - Down Memory Lane that includes the classic 1962 Song of London.

There are a few tables remaining, if anyone would like one, please contact me on 07483320566.

Look forward to seeing everyone, come and support one of the shows in the South, easy access from M25 and on the Underground .

Comment

Sounds great !

Comment

Twill be the official premiere of my Christmas Trl Reel General Yak so excited to see it on a big screen.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221016_120324.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	67245 Great day. I found no less than three 9.5 sound films and I was lucky to find à super 8 film I've been looking for years. Add to that nice chats with nice people and the great projections and you will understand why I will do all I can to attend next year as well.

Name:	20221016_104759.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	67246 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221016_120309.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	67247 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221016_120306.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	67248

Comment

I had an enjoyable day, even though I arrived shattered partly due to a late night discovery involving an invading mouse, which I thankfully eventually managed to eject! Engineering work limited the train options from South London, but thankfully the Metropolitan Line was fine and the journey was easier than I expected. I think the unavoidably short notice meant a below-average attendance and not many films on the Bring and Buy, although a high proportion of these were sold. Fantastic shows as usual, and a 9.5 presentation was a respectful tribute to Dave Wyatt. I'm curious about the Super 8 film that Dominique found, that he had been seeking for years?

So, thanks to David Tatham and all his family members who make this such a friendly event, and the great news is that we only have to wait seven months for the next one, as this is scheduled for 28 May 2023!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Winchester View Post
                      I'm curious about the Super 8 film that Dominique found, that he had been seeking for years?
                      I don't know if it surfaces often in the UK.It's Un chien andalou. Lee Mannering had it for sale, God bless him.

Comment

I haven't seen a copy of that for sale for a long while, though I do have a copy myself (striped, silent and on colour stock). Does your copy have a music track, Dominique?

Comment

Yes, it has, but I'm still in London until tomorrow. I'm staying in a hostel at € 52 (yes, €, not £) for 3 nights. If that can inspire non UK members...

Comment

It was a lovely day and thank you David and the family for making it happen for us to enjoy.

We love the venue with the circular walk around building also the refreshments :-) and made a short break of it staying at a hotel arriving fresh for the big day due to the distance. Great to see old friends and also meet new collectors as we are seeing people joining the fray as it were. We fetched along some film rarities which were gradually trickled out throughout the day refreshing stock on offer which included one of the last sound prints issued by Collectors Club, unopened print of Raiders of the Lost Ark which came back with me for Stereo dubbing and a odd reel of Derann's Star Wars. All went to good homes.

Thank you to those who collected your new prints of Christmas Trails no 3 from us, it was good to pass the film from one hand to another.

Uncle Bob

Name:	Bob Nicholls.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	67292

Next UK event will be Blackpool of course followed by my
                            EAST LANCASHIRE FILM FAIR 6th May 2023 I hope to premiere my next S8 film release then which will be REEL COLLECTORS FAVORITES
                            which is being produced at the moment.

Comment

Thank you, folks, for posting the above photographs of an event that I wanted to attend, arranged to attend...... then.... bang !

Four or five days before this event, I contacted David to check it was still on. I mentioned it would be my first time and looking forward to attending. I then proceeded to book a hotel for the Sunday night (didn't fancy the 200 mile drive back up north that night). All confirmed. Non returnable price, pay now.

Then

A day or two later I got a serious attack of Gastric Flu and became bed ridden. Managed to contact David again to apologies. So no attendance. What could I do about the hotel charge ?

Answer.....

Transfer it to the following Sunday and attend the Group 9.5mm gathering in the same area instead! Bingo ! My first time at that event too, and a splendid time was had rummaging through the equipment, films (not just 9.5mm for sale, but super / standard 8mm and 16mm) and chatting to familiar faces whom I shall see again in Blackpool next month!

Life is good !

Comment

Working...
                              X