A simple tip to prevent corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple tip to prevent corona virus

I'm passing on this simple tip for prevention. Prevention is always better than cure. I got this from my late father who told me the way to prevent catching viral infections long before this latest pandemic. It is this -
    take a cotton bud and dip it into a tin of Vaseline. Then wipe the inside of each nostril to coat it with the Vaseline. Doesn't need much, just enough to do the job. My wife had a lung cancer operation over 2 years ago so it was essential that she didn't catch any respiratory infection which could prove fatal, so we both took the advice passed down from my father and did as he prescribed. We have not caught anything, even so much as a common cold in all that time, even though we have mingled with sufferers that have. The trick is to do this EVERY time you leave the house - without exception!
    it is a simple measure that may help many, so please pass it on in the hope that it goes viral and saves lives.
    Professionals will probably dismiss this as nonsense- they just want to sell you expensive drugs (that don't work). It has worked for us and I hope that it works for you. Give it a try. You've nothing to lose and hopefully your life to keep. Pass it on in the hope that it might help to defeat this virus.

I wonder what your father's explanation for this may have been, perhaps any virus cells drawn in through the nose will stick to the Vaseline and be prevented from going any further up the nose?

Comment

Hello Leonard
      I think the theory is that it forms a protective layer so that any infection is prevented from going any further. The science is saying that infection is predominantly via the nose, so it makes sense that this is the area to address.

Comment

Corona is a droplet infection,and most people breath through their nose and mouth,so its hard to see how this works.I also find it hard to believe Vaseline has any anti viral properties.

Comment

David
          The medical experts are telling us that this virus is picked through the nose. Most people breathe through the nose. I have no idea whether Vaseline has any anti viral properties, but the thinking is that it forms a barrier that prevents infection.
          All I can say is that I believe this preventative measure seems to have protected me and the wife from any infection for over two years, while others around us have suffered, sometimes multiple times. I cannot guarantee it, but it will certainly do you no harm to try it. The decision is yours. Just trying to help.

Comment

I'm old enough to remember the wartime posters :- "Coughs And Sneezes Spread Diseases".

Maurice

Comment

Doctors Disagree About Putting Petroleum Jelly in Nose

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/arti...-jelly-in-nose

Comment

I read that this virus can also be caught through the eyes. The best antidote appears to be total isolation.

Comment

Dave
                  Absolutely correct. If you can totally isolate for 12 weeks - go for it!

Ed
                  it is absolutely no surprise to hear that doctors disagree. Many of them disagree about lots of things.

To all those who don't like the idea of taking this preventative measure - then don't do it. I'm just passing on my experience in the hope that it might help in the fight against this nasty virus.

Comment

Terry, All tips are appreciated. Sometimes those dismissed "old wive's tails" turn out to have proven usefulness.

Now, does anyone have any tips for my mouth-breathing girl friend? Click image for larger version

Name:	mouthbreather.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	6623

Comment

That's just bizzare ... and funny!

Comment

Seems like ' ed is probably an appropriate name for you😛

Comment

Two comments have been deleted.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                          X