Best Glue For Record Cover Seams ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Glue For Record Cover Seams ?

Just swapping my film collecting head for my vinyl record collecting head for a moment (!), is there a "best" type of adhesive to use to re-seal the seams of record covers that have come apart ? It is getting to be quite a regular occurrence nowadays with some of my older sleeves.

Any advice, or is any mild adhesive acceptable ? Thanks.

Hi Melvin

From past experience I would suggest say conservative use of UHU so it doesn’t overspill would work. Pritt-stick will not last and super glue is overkill.

Mike

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B9E0454-1F72-466A-BCF7-BBC3E9428311.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	66286

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mike. I thought something like UHU would be okay, but thought I would check in case there was some wonder product around that everyone else uses that I wasn't aware of. A bit like using splices instead of cellotape!

Comment

Solvite overlap wall paper adhesive. Under a fiver from Amazon 1x56g https://amzn.eu/d/08TQn5T
        When you've sorted out your LPs you can restick those dodgy wallpaper edges. 😁​​​​​

Comment

I use Copydex on mine Melvin - it has the brush in the cap making it easy to apply. Once glued, I put some weight on the seams (Halliwell's Film Guide is pretty good) and leave it overnight.

Comment

David - Not a bad idea. Kills two birds with one stone !

John - I always find Copydex very messy stuff. Too rubbery. I think UHU wins.

Comment

UHU also gets you high. Oh for the days DIY drugs like Andrews Liver Salts and Mrs Cullens Powders

Comment

Something like Roket Card Glue made by Deluxe Materials would be perfect and you can be very precise with it.

https://deluxematerials.co.uk/collec...oket-card-glue

At around £7 for 50ml it's not particularly cheap but hey, you're in to film collecting so you're used to nothing being cheap!

Comment

I use double sided tape, quick easy fix, Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X