Blackpool or BFCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackpool or BFCC?

I hope this will not become to controversial...

As a foreigner, I have no idea which of those two, Blackpool or BFCC, I should visit if I have to choose one since I cannot attend both... Could you help me?

Well Blackpool is now a three day event. After the gap in running it BFCC is now a little bit of an unknown as to how well it will do in it's first year.

If you want more time to meet people and watch films I would say Blackpool at present.

Comment

Joachim. being one of the organisers of this years Blackpool convention i can gaurantee you will have a superb time at Blackpool. i know the organisers of next years BFCC will put on a fabulous day however as Brian has said Blackpool is a 3 day event. the biggest and only one of it's type in the UK. we have worked hard this year and made some changes to make this years Blackpool the one to be at. a great fun weekend for collectors and anyone interested in film. i hope you can join us. Paul.

Comment

Actually I think trying to compare both conventions is like comparing chalk to cheese as both are superb.

These excellent long running conventions are entirely different animals and as such are both enjoyable in there own right.

So with that in mind I can thoroughly recommend both if you can attend either.

Brian-As the BFCC has been running for over 40 years I think we all know what to expect by now

Comment

Paul Barker I planned to attend this year, but the date crosses with the 60th birthday celebration of my wife... so no way. I try to figure out what I will do in 2023...

Comment

Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim Schmidt View Post
              Paul Barkerthe date crosses with the 60th birthday celebration of my wife...
              Blackpool is a nice place to celebrate a birthday

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post

Blackpool is a nice place to celebrate a birthday
                Rather expensive, since we would have to invite a whole family there…

I have been living in England for several years but I never made it to Blackpool. All I know about Blackpool was in a short documentary about the poor people living there, and the amusement area ( not my style). And the ballroom dance competition (still there?). There are so many absolutely lovely areas in England and Great Britain in general.

Comment

The family thing is certainly a problem. Otherwise, Blackpool is a nice city, in front of the sea. There are illuminations in November. Last year, I could have walked in shorts as the sun was with us (but that's not a garantee for the other years). That said, there are so many cine acivities (it starts on Friday night) that even if it's cold, you will enjoy. Hope to see you there in 2023.

Comment

Shorts in November! Global warming or climate change must have worked. Remember getting close to hyperthermia when I walked down the front one year. Convention always seems to avoid the snow. All foreign towns and cities are intimidating if you are a traveller. We were always in a group so we likely looked more threatening to the natives. That said there enough activities to keep you occupied or based in the hotel. If you have access to a car a trip to Ulverston Laurel and Hardy museum is an enjoyable option. We did that on way back from Blackpool.

Comment

Congrats Paul and a warm welcome awaits you in the 60+ club. Make the most of the moment with your good lady.

We have a saying in the North West
                      "Newt like a good blow on the prom" I'm recovering from a heavy cold but do find the strong North Sea air clears the cobwebs away if a little under the weather.
                      Started going decades ago and never looked back with a box full of memories. The three day thing last year was so appreciated and although i was filming with work did manage to get over for a few hours..smashing time and so friendly.

Comment

Joachim,
                        As the Blackpool event is held in a hotel you need look no further for accommodation. Also, Blackpool itself has a lot to offer.
                        BFCC is held in a Village Hall. I don't know if any accommodation is nearby.
                        Grand Hotel Blackpool | Hotels in Blackpool (britanniahotels.com)
                        Tourist Information & Things To Do In Blackpool | Visit Blackpool

Comment

I think in summary Blackpool is an event Film convention . BFCC is a film fair. It depends on your calendar and schedule on your choice.

Comment

Thank you everybody very much for the helpful information. Mike, thank you for your comment, makes things so much clearer now !

Comment

Working...
                            X