"Happy Meal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Happy Meal"

I wonder how many of you out there are missing the odd visit to McDonald's at the moment?Anyway here are a number of old "Happy Meal" 35mm ads I decided to join together on a reel a while ago for a bit of fun, plus a couple of 35mm trailers joined at the end as well.

Hi Graham,

McDonald's, as well as many other restaurants here, is open for takeout only. I waited 30 minutes for a pizza last week, so I'd say some of them are doing quite well!

Any restaurant that is strictly dining in-house is down for the count.

I like that Polar Express trailer!

Comment

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/fo...veroo-takeway/

Comment

Hi Steve..

Out here all McDonald's are closed Only places are allowed to be open are supermarkets under certain conditions. The local dairy is, but no take away cooked food, plus a one person in one person out policy , Pharmacy open, again one in one out with a check before you enter, everything else that is not regarded as a critical service is closed for a month. We are not allowed to travel outside our area and the police are checking drivers etc. They said first time a warning, the next you could get arrested.

Its a tough stance by the prime minister, but does have general support with the population. I can still go out for a walk and people can bike ride but it has to be in your living area, but no meeting up with friends or family etc that's a no no. As she has said, we have to live in our own bubble for the 4 weeks. Only people allowed in the country are arriving back New Zealanders and they have to self isolate, anyone arriving back that don't have plans to isolate will be placed in motels etc under supervision and definitely no tourists.

It all sounds very harsh, but she is determined that we don't fall into the same trap that other countries have done as much as possible. As I said to my daughter on the phone today, its better to be stuck, being well at home, than being stuck sick at home. Her financial assistance package to people that can't work at the moment I think has been generous and well thought out.

Yesterday after a few days at home, we did go out to our local supermarket, and have to say, people are keeping there distance and the place was not busy. I think there are a limit to the numbers, but in saying that it was pretty quiet, with plenty of stuff on the shelves, and even "lots" of toilet paper while we were there I didn't see many people buying it, I guess they have enough already stocked up at home

PS Dominique that's incredible that girl throwing a tantrum over not getting her own way over McDonalds spoiled little brat.

I am surprised to read in that article, that the are still doing pizza delivery, are those people not taking this virus serious? all it needs one person handling the pizza to have it and it will spread big time... looking at the daily death rate in Italy its very irresponsible in my view to continue Pizza delivery like this...
        Last edited by Graham Ritchie; March 28, 2020, 10:43 PM.

Comment

In the states with such a huge population it would be difficult to shut everything with the exception of supermarkets and other essentials but unril all cafes resturants etc are closed and peoole at least try there hardest to stay in for two to four weeks it will spread like wild fire.you only gave to look at italy and spain, and thats with a total lock down.

great old ads Graham. As it happens, KFC here are offering a free delivery.

Comment

I don't miss McDonald's because I never go there. Well I did once on a quiet Sunday after a Derann open day. The hamburger I had must have been under heat lights for ages. I think th ebox would have had more flavour so I vowed not to go back.

I miss pub meals though. :-)

Comment

Some good advice for everyone in the coming months.

Comment

I think I may (emphasis: MAY) have already had it.

A little over two weeks ago I developed a headache and sore throat. I discussed it with my boss and we agreed it was the right time to take a sick day. I felt kind of cruddy for a day and then felt better. I chalked it up to a slight head cold and I worked the next day (a Friday), strictly inside my office. (-just in case)

Over that weekend, the Lab management decided that anybody that could work from home would start Monday afternoon. After that the headache and sore throat came and went, and my wife had the same symptoms.

The thing is, we were in a departmental teleconference last Wednesday, and it came out that one of my co-workers had tested positive some days earlier. He was feeling better so he was in on the call. We asked him what it was like and he said "-headache and a sore throat".

The punch line is the first thing John does every morning is start the coffee. The first thing I do every morning is grab a cup!

If I'm right about this, I no longer have the virus. If I was tested for it right now I should come up negative. Of course if I'm wrong I'd come up negative anyway. I've read people who aren't seriously impacted by this get over it in about two weeks, for me it will be three weeks since I developed symptoms next Wednesday.

Unless I take an antibody test, I may never know for sure. So far one doesn't even exist.

They say some will contract the virus and never experience symptoms at all, so who knows?
                Last edited by Steve Klare; March 29, 2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

That's the thing with this virus, for most people getting it might not be to much of a problem. The danger is the transmission of it to someone in the older ago group like meand most importantly to anyone "of any age" that has a lower immunity due to cancer treatment etc. Also those that suffer from Asthma or any other respiratory problems. Its all about protecting those in society, who are more vulnerable to the lethal effects of getting it.

Comment

Yes, we have friends that are Widows in their 70s and 80s: the best thing we can do for them is call them up and see how they are doing. Visiting is too risky.

(One of them has proposed we have Kaffee Klatsch on Zoom! -modern days...)

We have each other for company here, so we aren't lonely. Thing is we have been cooped up in the house for two weeks now. (It's amazing: somebody says "supermarket" and we ALL go!)

We hatched a brilliant plan: there is a public beach maybe 5 miles from home. We wanted to grab a car and go up there and walk on the boardwalk.

-the only problem was it's rained in buckets all weekend!
                    Last edited by Steve Klare; March 29, 2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

At the moment for us its rain rain and more rain as well, which is a real pain to getting out for a walk. Yvonne had a phone call from the police to cancel a booking they had made at the community center she looks after. They asked her how she was doing? her reply was... could they lock "me" up for the next two weeks. Great eh! ...I do miss going out in particular to Muffin Break at the local mall for my coffee. so am thinking that I might try making my own with a bit of the "good stuff" whiskey that is.... added.

Comment

Understood! The liquor store in town is open and seems to be doing just fine!

This is an excellent time for hobbies, just to do and enjoy: maybe take on something that has been laying around a while.

-over several hobbies I have enough of those for months!

Comment

Steve...I came across this amusing video of New Yorker ....Stephen Colbert. I understand he is a big fan of LOTR and the Hobbit films. This guy is brilliant, look at his feet coming through the airport terminal, and watch out for the stunt he pulls during the BBQ at the end...very funny guy with a good sense of humor

Comment

Hi Steve. Was laying low myself for a wekk or so not taking many chances. Started with the cough and bad throat probably from the cough. Temp variable and generally feeling more than rough. Spent my time cleaning every corner of the house with bleach and keeping well away from the wife. I would say the first week was worst but the real problem is no test was available which we all face at least over here. Was it Covid or a bad pie anyone's guess. To cheer myself up at the time I decided to refer to it a Karaoke Virus but was very up and down for that week including back pains.

My own little bit of guidance is get cleaning, change bedding regularly and open dem windows to let some air thru the house. Keep well everyone.

Graham. Yes I miss our end of week Coffee at Donalds together with my wife. I decided to do Christmas Dinner at the weekend in case the season gets cancelled in December, I'm always up for a bit of fun so we did have a good time here which lightened the lock in mood.

Looking on the bright side it is a great time to do some jobs and keep that brain moving along. Stripped down the home cinema cleaning, checking all cables and equipment fixing a couple of faults. Replaced some cables with new ones also getting some for local cine friends who were doing very similar. A good project to keep you busy for a few days..

My filming for Cinema in Miniature II S8 came back from 4K scanning so we watched that to see about making the editing cut list which will fill a week later on. I'm including some footage from 30 years ago with Derek Simmonds talking about Derann such a nice little sequence. Off topic sorry.

Our thoughts with the world at the moment and we look forward to a Donalds coffee again one day :-(

Comment

One morning I woke up with muscle pain: I thought “Oh, No! Here it comes!” After I was up a few minutes I was fine.

-May not have thought a thing about it a couple of months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X