Angela Lansbury 1925 - 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angela Lansbury 1925 - 2022

Angela Lansbury has died just shy of 97. Long life and career with memorable roles. Interesting enough she turned down the role of Nurse Ratched in One Flew over the Cuckoos nest which went to Louise Fletcher. She became very rich with Murder She Wrote $100 million plus. I Will remember her for Mrs Potts in Beauty and the Beast and the Manchurian Candidate

She had many varied roles in her career, she even played Elvis Presley's Mother in "Blue Hawaii", but I guess in recent years her starring role on TV as sleuth "Jessica Fletcher" in "Murder She Wrote" will be the thing she will be best remembered for, although iconic, she did many more things than just that role, still how many of us can be remembered in that way!

Comment

No-one seems to have mentioned on TV here about her staring as Miss Marple in The Mirror Crocked, which I believe led to the idea of Murder She Wrote.

RIP Dame Angela.

Comment

I heard about her on the BBC news last night and they showed a clip of her in the film ‘Gaslight’ which I remember seeing many years ago. Very spooky! Ken Finch.

Comment

I have one of her earliest film appearances on super 8, " Till the Clouds Roll By", and she did start on the stage as a singer. I believe that her last on screen appearance was as a kite sales person at the end of the remake of "Mary Poppins"!

Comment

She had a narrow escape in 1969. She moved from US to Cork in Ireland to get her kids off drugs and escape the clutches of the Charles Manson gang.

In a 2014 interview with DailyMail.com, Lansbury revealed that Diedre, now 69, had begun running with a crowd led by the musician-turned-mass murderer during the 1960s, and with her brother Anthony had become involved with drugs.

In order to keep her daughter and the rest of her family safe, the 'Murder, She Wrote' actress moved her whole family from their home in Los Angeles to Ireland, where her mother's family hailed from.

Comment

Working...
            X