Sad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news

Sad news that Dave Wyatt died suddenly last weekend. I don't know any more details than that. Dave was a regular at film fairs over the decades particularly ones in the South, but he also travelled to Blackpool a number of years ago but hasn't been recently. Dave will be missed and I'm sure he will be at Big Screen Time and the Group 9.5 Get together in spirit.

So sad. Hé was indeed a well known face in film fairs (he also came to Argenteuil). I was always happy to have a chat with him. David will be missed. Other members, who knew him better than I, will certainly write more about him.

Comment

That is indeed sad news, always a pleasure to chat with at the fairs, will be missed, Mark

Comment

Very sad I have seen him around and bought films from him at some events since the late 1970's.

Comment

Very sad indeed. He was one of the leading lights of Group 9.5 and also so knowledgeable about silent cinema. He was also very involved with the film shows at TheCinema Museum at Lambeth and was making a sequel to Lights Out and The Stars Appear for Group 9.5. He interview me for this a few years ago here in my Home Cinema. He was also an avid 9.5 mm film collector and a fountain of knowledge on silent film comedians. He will very much missed and I send my condolences to all his relatives and friends. Ken Finch.

Comment

Very sad to hear of the passing of a collector who was a very helpful person.
            I had many a film chat with him, particularly with his knowledge of things 9.5mm.

Comment

Very sad news - I didn't know Dave very well but he always seemed an extremely knowledgeable 'film man' when I saw him at events. His absence may be especially poignant at Big Screen Time Revival, as I believe he was due to present a 9.5 show there.

Comment

I heard at the Big Screen Time Revival that Dave died over breakfast. No cause of death yet revealed. So, thankfully, at least it looks like it was quick and not a drawn out illness.
                I hear also there has been some speculation elsewhere as to the cause. I do not wish to start any here and hope no-one else does.

Comment

It was heart breaking news but thankfully much of his enthusiasm for film remains with us on 8mm film releases he was technically involved with in the 70s and 80s.

He shared my love of Mr Pastry Pastryalso shared films with each other. Always able to share a good laugh with Dave and he is another who will missed very much indeed

Thank you for the memories Dave.

Comment

I am very sad to read of the sudden passing of David Wyatt . I spoke to him over the phone a couple of years ago and bought some films he was selling at that time . He also very kindly sent me a couple of back issues i was missing of the magazine FILM COLLECTING he was editor of away back in the days . Some of you in the UK may recall this publication that he published along with film collector Stephen Herbert and others . I will miss his articles in 9.5mm magazine and also his occasional contributions for the LAUREL and HARDY magazine here in the UK . I will now cherish those magazines all the more after reading this sad news . My deepest condolences to his family and friends .

Comment

Working...
                    X