Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook is really going downhill with its ingenious AI, period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook is really going downhill with its ingenious AI, period.

Forgive me if this is REALLY off-topic, even for General Yak.

This morning I made a post on my personal Facebook account with this picture & a short description. Nothing special, just sharing my activity with my friends - as per usual as it could be. In no way that this could cause any issue whatsoever right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SHealth_08_24_23_981.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	67803

Well, NOT for this time.

Name:	Screenshot_20221027-083415_Facebook.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	67804 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221027-082624_Facebook.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	67805

For reasons that only creatures with the same level of intelligence as Facebook's AI would understand, my post was judged as severely violating community's regulation!?!?
    As the result, my account was blocked from having ANY activities for 24 hours straight.

Name:	Screenshot_20221027-082526_Facebook.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	67806

I probably had filed my dispute report (with some sarcasms & strong language included), but it would also probably thrown to the bin by now.

Unless Zucc did take a 180 degree turn and making a major overhaul on its AI/automation/whatsoever behind-the-scene system first, forget that Metaverse thing.
    Today's platform is already "all over the place" enough, to the point that if he really launch that Metaverse in the near future, I can't imagine how messed up could it be?

PS I set my Facebook account according to my locale hence the language, but hope you get the idea.

Without the context of the situation, I really can't relate. I agree that Facebook has major issues.

Comment

That pic IS really the context, indeed. Just one picture and a short description (no strong/offensive langauge too). Nothing more, nothing less. It's exactly what I've been doing on regular basis for ages.

Somehow that's all the context that got me BANNED for 24 hrs straight. No logical explanation that I can think of, at all. This seems almost as if it's just a random hit. Anyone/anytime/anywhere would/could get down with this Facebook's AI.

Maybe this is the chance to start backing off from Zucc's world and looking for something else...

Comment

Originally posted by Nantawat Kittiwarakul View Post
        Maybe this is the chance to start backing off from Zucc's world and looking for something else...
        The problem with Facebook and Google is that you are not a customer to them; you are a product to sell. In your particular case, if they paid to have moderators you probably would not have been flagged. Regardless, I anticipate that the growing distrust of big tech is going to reach a point where their behavior will negatively impact their revenue, at which point they will have to change. The simply solution is to offer their service for a small monthly fee which covers the revenue they make from selling your personal data.

And then there are the people who say, "I have nothing to hide, so I don't care". If you happen to be with someone who says that, ask them to give you their wallet or purse so you can browse through it.

Name:	history.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	67875

Comment

Well, on the plus side, you got 24 hours of your life back, Facebook free, and realized that there is far more important things in life than Facebook.

Comment

Maybe that is why Facebook stock is tanking. People are sick of things like that. Our own Ged Jones from The Derann Vaults group got suspended for a whole week. Cannot imagine what he posted for that to happen.

Comment

Since the suspended period had been elapsed so I tried a new post again this morning. The posted pic, while NOT that same pic that caused the disaster, but literally identical to that one.

Name:	Screenshot_20221101-131835_Facebook.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	68090
              And you guessed that right - it's now almost 12 hours later, and still no issue whatsoever this time.

Due to this absurdity I'm really consider reducing time spent on Facebook. As Osi said, there's something more out there worth spending time with than this declining social platform.​​

Comment

Working...
              X