A Blu Ray Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Blu Ray Query

A number of Blu Ray films appear to come with an additional DVD of the same programme,
    For the UK the Blu Ray disc needs to be Region B. Would the associated DVD be multi-region?

Hi Maurice I think most of the Blu Ray / DVD compilations are Europe based so likely Region 2 but some are Region Free. Recommend a Sony Multi region Blu ray player. They Play all Region Blu rays and all DVD regions. On Amazon for around £150 mark. Good machines and reliable. Your region problems will behind you. Mind you we have 4K discs 😩

Mike

Comment

Thank you, Mike
      I have a Panasonic DMR-BS780. This plays Blu-Rays with code B and DVDs with code 2 or "all". It also has a hard drive which receives and records from Freesat.

Panasonic DMR-BS780EBK 250GB HDD Blu-Ray Recorder with Twin Freesat HD Tuners : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Comment

Link to Sony on Amazon. Plays everything plus the kitchen sink.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BDP-S3700-B...s%2C131&sr=8-2

Comment

Most DVD and Blu-ray players have a region hack that wil make them region free.

Comment

Originally posted by David Strelitz View Post
            Most DVD and Blu-ray players have a region hack that wil make them region free.
            Yes, but they are easier if they come with multi region already built into them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Newell View Post

Yes, but they are easier if they come with multi region already built into them.
              I'd never have guessed 🧐 but if you have had one for a couple years it's a cheaper option.

Comment

No worries, the good news is that you can watch your region-locked Blu-rays in different areas - one of the best ways is to unlock your Blu-ray player region code. It’s not too difficult for the beginners. So let's take a look at instructions for the unlocking process.
                Detailed instructions here: https://www.acrok.com/make-blu-ray-player-region-free/

Comment

Working...
                X