No announcement yet.

Pictures from Blackpool 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Dom and Eivind for this great photo report on the Blackpool Convention, which has been provided almost in real time as it was happening! Next best thing to being there and highly enjoyable viewing.

Comment

Packing up...
      Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations on another great event, I could not make it this year due to unforeseen circumstances but will endeavour to be there in 2023.

Looks like a good turnout, and great film shows. I was very impressed with the 35mm projector, I never realised they could be so compact. Just out of interest why on one of the photos does it show the film from the front reel being fed from the top of the reel backwards to the film load slot?

Comment

Very enjoyable day and nice see and chat with fellow film fans about all things REEL film.
          Quite a variety of items on offer to bolster our collections and welcome at that.

Nice to hear collectors saying they enjoyed the new releases from what I'm now calling THE FAMOUS FOUR.

Nice variety of projectors used for the presentations over the weekend adding extra interest for all.

Thank you to team Blackpool.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_195213.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	69329

Comment

Thank you to everyone who played any part in organising and running today’s convention, it’s been a great day.

Comment

The Sunday night dinner Good time as well.

Name:	20221120_193301.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	69345 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_193312.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	69346 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_193333.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	69347 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_193324.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	69348

Comment

hope someone filmed ged's questions and answers, best

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Moors View Post
                  Just out of interest why on one of the photos does it show the film from the front reel being fed from the top of the reel backwards to the film load slot?
                  I asked the same question. Answer is simple : the film had been improperly rewound by mistake.

Comment

Great photos everyone, just a couple of things, and I could be wrong, but I think in the US they run there 35mm 2000ft feed reels from the back, also was surprised to see the PG tips TV ads of "The Assault Course" and "The Piano Shifters" in the Scope programme in your Cinema 2 4pm session . I have those titles as well, but only in the flat ratio, never new they produced Scope versions as well, who released them in Scope?.

Comment

Well.... It's the morning after the weekend before !

Where the hell do we start ?????...... yes...... with one word....... PHENOMINAL ! I don't have the nerve to say it was the best Blackpool ever. What I will say is that it was certainly the BEST Blackpool for YEARS and YEARS ! It buzzed.... right from the word "Norman Wisdom" on the Friday evening to the sound of Bob Nicholls voice saying "Sold" (many times) at the end of the Sunday afternoon auction walkabout in the selling hall.... and even beyond to the 'scope show ! The amount of film of all gauges was the most I have seen at the convention for a very long time..... and the most I have bought for a long time! (Sorry Mr. Bank Manager ) !

This first convention organised by the Super 6 (six) was brilliantly planned. I noticed some subtle changes which were very positive. For example, the slips for the bring and buy and auction were available to fill in from the Saturday night meal and also on a table at the entrance on the Sunday morning. Not forgetting the extra feature of Ged's (ex Derann) questions and answer session. I think we all learned a lot from that and there were one or two surprises there too ! I don't think the session was recorded, as such, but I know Eivind filmed a little bit of it, which I am sure will surface somewhere. Ged told me later that he enjoyed it far more than his nerves were telling him earlier in the day and would love to do it again sometime.

The atmosphere at the Saturday evening meal was tremendous. The tombola prizes were just mind blowing (see the pictures elsewhere) and the meal itself was the best, in my opinion, for several years.

As has been mentioned previously on this thread, the forum was being given an almost hour by hour update of events from both Dominique and Eivind. I thought that concept really worked. Great idea, and thank you.

The final thank you should go to Simon McConway and the rest of the Super 6 ! You have set the bar very high. Did the event work ?.... YOU BET !!!

Comment

I second that Melvin, I've not done the Saturday meal before and honestly can say what an enjoyable evening it was, the raffle had some great prizes so thanks to all that very kindly donated,nice to put names to faces too. David Watsons Fumeo was a beauty and a beast(I wouldn't want to lift it ha ha). Food was great, fun quiz and good company.

The Sunday fair was a short one for the Wife and I, we left at about 11am as we had to get home but it certainly wasn't disappointing with the amount of films on offer, all gauges and i saw a few nice Derann features too.

A very different atmosphere this year in a good way, so thanks to all involved for stepping up to the plate and putting on a great weekend, for someone who was leaving the hobby it might just keep me in it, Mark

Comment

Most enjoyable weekend, great company excellent meal , plenty of films for sale and marvellous selection of films shown throughout Sunday. The new team should be congratulated on continuing this wonderful event and doing such a great job. Let’s hope the numbers stack up to enable a repeat performance next year. Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it all happen!
                          John

Comment

Name:	F6557191-A5A7-4253-90E2-1018E5CFF5A5.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	69399 Click image for larger version

Name:	521C00FA-645A-4A98-8D27-35FAB447CF89.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	69398 Click image for larger version

Name:	747E66EA-96F7-4DE6-8201-960BC2542863.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	69397 Forgot the pics
                            Lovely raffle win Disney Cartoon
                            John

Comment

Dom Thanks for taking the piccys of me filming the last shots for my S8 epic Cinema in Miniature II. I rarely get archived 🤣

The professionalism of the projectionists should be mentioned, with some gorgeous machines being demonstrated and a huge thank you to young David for projecting my latest release release which seems to have been very popular.

The REEL film camaraderie was very much in the air we felt and nice to see things so vibrant to our beloved film whatever the format.

Comment

I absolutely agree with that have been written here. The weekend was absolutely fabulous! I enjoyed every minute of it. Fantastic work from the six that organized it all, so hats of to them! Lots of people and every body seemed to be enjoying it all. I am already looking forward to next year!

Comment

Working...
                                X