Christmas Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Movies

Started to get around to watching Christmas movies on film and video started last night with this one "Christmas with the Kranks" . Its the first time I have watched it since we ran the 35mm many moons ago. I always liked "Christmas with the Kranks" its a fun film and well worth a watch at this time of year.

A Christmas Story (1983)

Comment

Truman Capote's A Christmas Memory (1966 Emmy Winner)

This is the full show (not a trailer).

Comment

The Gathering (1977) Ed Asner

Comment

Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol

Comment

A Christmas Carol George C Scott 1984

Comment

The Top 100 Christmas movies of all-time

by Eric-Scissorhands | created - 12 Mar 2011 | updated - 2 days ago | Public Every Year around the holidays, i dust off my VHS Tapes & DVDs and watch some of these flicks to help get into the "Spirit of the Holiday Season."

I'm gonna go through a whole lot of crappy made for tv xmas flicks as well to bring you the ones actually worth watching.
              The list (sorted by IMDB rating):

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls00009682...=detail&page=1

Comment

If it’s “ A Christmas Carol” it must surely be Muppets Christmas Carol, or the Versions with Alistair Sim or the earlier 1935 version with Seymour Hicks as Scrooge. Personally, I think the last looks the most Dickensian, but I may be biased because I first read the book as a child which had the illustrations drawn by the artist who illustrated the original publication. Ken Finch.😄

Comment

Pocketful of Miracles 1961

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Finch View Post
                    If it’s “ A Christmas Carol” it must surely be Muppets Christmas Carol, ...
                    Thanks for that suggestion Ken. Somehow I missed that one. I'll add that to my 'to watch' list!

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) Trailer

Comment

Yes Ed, this the one most frequently shown in my home cinema by demand from the family over the Christmas period. Ken Finch😊

Comment

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. So much truth in this one about modern family gatherings. We religiously watch this one every year!

Comment

im going to watch a favorite of mine THE MUNSTERS SCARY LITTLE CHRISTMAS also 2 shorts NOEL an animated short narrated by Charlton Heston and MR KRUGER'S CHRISTMAS starring James Stewart.

Comment

After reading above I came across the dvd yesterday in town "The Muppet Christmas Carol" so will have to watch it over the weekend, never watched it before. One movie we all like here is "Santa Claus The Movie" I always have liked it especially Scottish girl Sheena Easton singing "Its Christmas". I think it must be around this time she also did the hit theme "For Your Eyes Only"

Anyway I did come across the LP a few years back.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170072.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.9 KB ID:	70279
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170004.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	70280
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1160999.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.1 KB ID:	70281
                            below screen shots from last year
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.7 KB ID:	70282
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170006.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	70283

Comment

I watched "Millions" 2004 the other night, sadly only ever released on DVD. Years ago we watched it at the cinema and came away thinking, that was a well made film. It does have a bit of a Christmas theme, that's why I have added it here.

"Millions" was directed by Danny Boyle and if you feel like a move away from the usual Christmas type film, then "Millions" might be for you. Its not a kids film I should add, but more of a family film. Danny Boyle does an impressive bit of directing here with a top notch cast. It shows that where money is concerned especially stolen money, things can get out of control very quickly. The bad guy in this wants it back, and is downright scary in his no messing about approach.

Anyway, if you feel like something different this one might be for you. One thing I do notice in parts is the use of very strong colors, its for a reason, a couple of screen shots from the other night. Its certainly a film I would recommend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310661.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	70570
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310662.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	70571
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310663.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	70572
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310664.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	70573
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310665.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	70574
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310668.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	70575
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310669.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	70576
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310673.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.7 KB ID:	70577
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1310674.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.1 KB ID:	70578

Comment

Working...
                              X