Ho all, weird problem i need help with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ho all, weird problem i need help with

Hello everyone, I wonder if one of you knowledgeable people could help me? I have an old Sony trv 120 , when I try plsy tapes I get a blue screen, however if switch to record and record even 1 seconds, I am then see the rest of the tape unless I take tape out then I have to do it again. I suspect something must switch on when I record, but its not annoying to have to do this. Any suggestion?

just a thought...Were the tapes you are trying to play recorded using the TRV 120? The TRV 120 is a digital8 camcorder and can have trouble playing back tapes previously recorded on analog camcorders. Also It won't play tapes that recorded copyright restricted material.

Comment

My first thought was that Janice was right on the money...and reading these forums not for the first time.
      There were most definitely Digital8 camcorders​ that would ONLY playback D8. I know I had one as a D8 playback spare. PIA The manual spec doesn't spell that out. However I wonder if there is a playback menu that would switch from AUTO to V8/Hi8. Of course might even be a PAL tape on an NTSC machine or vice versa - again some did some didn't or worse a tape recorded in LP which is out of spec...always worrying when the manual says tapes in LP may only play on the machine recorded on. In practice having transferred hundreds and hundreds of V8/Hi8/D8 tapes, I'm yet to encounter an LP tape that didn't just play...famous last words.

Comment

Working...
      X