No announcement yet.

Grahame Newnham's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dino, have you ever ran into any 9.5mm features or shorts that are either lost films, or films with footage that has previously been lost?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
      Ken, I have some reperfored films bought in the UK, so probably made by Larry Pierce, as well.
      They could also be Walton prints as I believe (from Larry's Walton film booklet) they did them too. Possibly Larry bought the reperforator from them when they closed.

Comment

You may well be right about Walton Brian. I cannot remember if Walton were still going when Larry was reperforating but I always understood that the Walton prints were done on 9.5mm positive film stock as they did with the other gauges. Ken Finch.

Comment

Maybe the sample in the pack was one of Larry's to illustrate the point. There was a section of triple rank printed 9.5 there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post

They could also be Walton prints as I believe (from Larry's Walton film booklet) they did them too. Possibly Larry bought the reperforator from them when they closed.
            I remember the seller told me the films were reperfored by (I don't recall the name he said) in the '60s. I assume it's Larry but I'm not 100% sûre. Do you know which sound titles Walton reperfored ?

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
              ....have you ever ran into any 9.5mm features or shorts that are either lost films, or films with footage that has previouslyHbeen lost?
              Before the war Pathescope relied on British Lion for their 9.5mm sound releases.
              Unfortunately, the British Lion storage facilities were destroyed during the Blitz, thus all masters and some release prints went up in smoke.
              I have many pre-war 9.5mm sound feature films. When I've got time, I will examines my collection and see if any are British Lion releases.
              I know I have some entertainment shorts which carry the British Lion logo opening. Here is one such short from Grahame Newnham's collection.
              9.5mm Pathescope sound film - T.9314 "VARIETY NO. 2" (Joe Loss/Chick Henderson etc) - YouTube
              Last edited by Maurice Leakey; January 11, 2023, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Looking for something else (I didn't find) on Grahame's site ( NINE-FIVE PAGE (pathefilm.uk)​), I saw that link to an interview of Larry Pearce, many members probably already saw : 9.5mm film - LARRY PEARCE INTERVIEW - GB CIRCA 2000 - YouTube

Comment

A short Video of Grahame Newnhan, beside his table selling at Pimlico Film Fair, maybe someone here was there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77x7xqSSOOI

Comment

For those of us who never made Grahame's acquaintance this is a lovely video to show who he was. Thanks Rodney.

Comment

I was there but not in that video. Some of the faces were familiar ‘regulars’ but do not remember their names. Ken Finch.😊

Comment

Working...
                      X