Birthday present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday present

Well folks, hit the 71 mark yesterday what happened to the last "many years" Yvonne by better half, bought me a Morrison Lawnmower for my birthday I do like the Briggs and Stratton four stroke engine none of this two stroke stuff for me. Our old lawnmower after 20 years of abuse, finally gave up just before Christmas, something went internal in the engine.

Filled with petrol and oil its all ready to go. Another present from my son was some "Muffin Break" gift vouchers. I did call into the mall today, and queried the owner, as "what's this" on the voucher, it says "and our "friendly staff" will give you your prepared gift"....friendly staff......that's for somewhere else was his reply ha ha. Anyway he wished me a happy birthday, his is coming up in a few weeks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1320077.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	72027
    Time is running out for this lot, interesting though how they follow the sun across the sky.

Name:	P1320076.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	72028

Name:	P1320079.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	72029

Name:	P1320080.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	72030

Happy Birthday, Graham!

As always, we are two seasons out of phase (-round, tilted planet!): I was out on my lawn yesterday too, I'd bought some fresh gasoline and I filled the tank on the snow blower. Then I fired it up and let it run a few minutes. We rarely get snow before New Years and haven't really so far, but when that day comes, finding out the thing won't start is a little stressful!

The lawnmower was de-fueled and retired to the shed at the beginning of November: it's reawakening comes around the beginning of April.

4 stroke is the way to go! It's much simpler day-to-day and this way I can drain the end of season gas into a car's fuel tank and dispose of it easily.

Comment

Graham,

Happy Birthday! The next time you're at Muffin Break I hope the friendly staff puts a candle in a Mango Macadamia Muffin to celebrate.

Comment

Thanks Steve and Doug I will ask them about a Mango Macadamia next time

Comment

I have to buy one of those lil blighters this year, as I will have quite a large yard to take care of.

Comment

Osi,

I have a level quarter acre: I have a gas rotary mower, non self-propelled (-like Graham's). For this property, that is fine: it qualifies as a little warm weather exercise and actually it's kind of relaxing!

If I had twice the property or if it was hilly, I'd want ether a self-propelled walk-behind or even more likely a riding mower. The nice thing about these is they can also plow snow, which is handy as your driveway becomes longer and wider.

Some years ago, a friend who inherited a lawn tractor, but lived in an apartment in Brooklyn (-sole heir: strange things can happen!), left it with us while we found a buyer for it.

-I was relieved to sell it before I became too attached! My kid and I used to ride it around the yard: had a ball! It was fun, but a little bit overkill for a quarter acre!

Comment

Happy Birthday Graham! That gift from your wife will require you to "up your game" when it comes time for you buy her a gift for her birthday. She will be thrilled with the 4k UHD/HDR projector you are going to buy for her.

Enjoy those muffins, but avoid the candles. When you begin to count your birthdays in decades instead of years, it is best not add fire to the celebrations.

I am an avid fan of Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins myself. Here is a recipe for you:

I couldn’t live with myself if I let you go one more day without the best lemon poppy seed muffin recipe ever.

I fully recognize this may cause you to be a bit less productive as you drop whatever you are doing today and head immediately to the kitchen to make these muffins.

As I apologize for any inconvenience that may arise from this, I am also promising that your life will be infinitely more joyful when you have a batch of these muffins (in less than an hour!) staring you in the face.
              Link: https://www.melskitchencafe.com/lemo...ed-muffins/​

Comment

Sheesh Graham, I completely forgot to say Happy Birthday to you. I hope you had a great birthday, and more than just a mower!

Comment

Thanks Ed and Osi

Little bit of a party with the family as well, however "no" 71 candles on the cake, thank goodness. My daughter did do a loud count of the 71 years from 0, it was a good day. I also got a packet of "Scorched Almonds" as well, I will keep those while I watch a film.

Thanks for the link Ed, I will ask Yvonne about making some, as I am totally useless with cooking/baking that kind of thing

Comment

Working...
                  X