News.......... PENTAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News.......... PENTAX

announces that they will start to manufacture NEW 35MM FILM CAMERAS. In a press conference they stated their belief the demand is there.

Here it is to read. Pentax were always great SLRs.
    Pentax is considering releasing a new film camera - Photo Rumors

Comment

Any news concerning new advancements concerning all things celluloid, is concerning new! Good news, at that!

Comment

Yes Ilford, Agfa and Kodak have also brought out New 35mm cameras, in plastic made in China. Around $50 Aust each, and a 35mm Half Frame by Kodak see
        https://www.kodak.com/en/consumer/pr...5-film-camera/

Comment

Will such cheap cameras bring back the 35mm film user? I doubt it. A half frame image will not give good photos, there's also the cost of film and processing. New owners are gong to be disappointed.
          Those who are prepared to really use a new 35mm camera will wait for the new Pentax.

Comment

This thread is reminding me that I haven't used my Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F for a few years. It's time to remedy that.

Comment

Bravo Pentax. Great news! My K-1000 was getting lonely as the only Pentax film camera on my shelf of many film cameras. Sometimes brands need someone from the family to offer support in case my Nikons start becoming a little arrogant as they're prone to do.

Comment

I still have my Nikon FM2 with MD12 motor drive as well as my Nikon 6006!

They were replaced by my Nikon D50

I started with the K1000SE But switched to the other brand to have the motor drive

Looking back, it was fun, but I much prefer the advantage of digital memory cards and download into the hard drive over time consuming processing

Comment

Glad to see there is a strong interest in 35mm, although digital cameras are fine and take good photos ideal for the internet, the picture quality you can get from 35mm slide film is really something.

I still use my Canon FTB, and always considered Canon to make good lenses.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1310047.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	72179

Name:	P1310050.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	72180

Comment

I once took some 35mm colour slides, home processed the film and had th epictures up on the internet before those with digital cameras (it was before camera-phones with internet connection) got theirs on-line!!!!

Comment

I think any product produced today that uses film can only be for the good, if it inspires a younger generation to take up film photography this is also for the good.

I have always found that using film makes you stop and think about the subject and how to set up a composition, being on ether movie or photo film. As every second or frame costs you money, and you learn very quickly by your mistakes.
                      We are in the same situation now with digital photography as we were when video camcorders came into vogue in the 80s, taking over from super 8. With 8mm you knew that you had only 3 minutes 30 seconds to play with, and you made every second count. Then along came video with 4, 6 and 8 hours of video on one tape !!
                      I remember being invited around to watch someone's holiday video, being only the abridged 4 hour version! Sitting there trying to keep yourself awake whilst watching 4 hours of total (pardon my French) CRAP!!!

People seemed to think that by picking up one of these, that they would become Steven Spielberg over night, with no idea on how to use one, or how to set up a shot. The majority of users had no idea of the technique of zooming and panning, looking most of the time like a madman attempting to shoot down a clay pigeon. Why? because it was cheap and disposable compared to the price of film.

As for myself I have always loved film photography and especially 120 medium format film, as this brings a new dimension to photography.
                      I was very fortunate to pick up a Fuji GX680 many years ago, that had once belonged to photographer Benedict Campbell (it has his name in the lens cap) that he used to shoot some very famous advertising campaigns with. This is the only medium format camera produced that allows the same functions of a large format plate camera but using 120 film.
                      This is not a camera that you would wish to take on vacation, as it is totally manual with everything needed to be set up by the user, and it also weighs in at just under 5kg!

But my god, it can take some beautiful pictures.

Long live film!

Comment

I am in complete agreement with Steve Lee, my involvement with film started in the late 50`.
                        One of my tasks when first working with photography was to take wedding photos, my boss gave me 2 rolls of film[we shot on 120, 12 on 6x6 cm the old 2 1/4 sq] From these 24 frames we were expected to produce a 20 picture album. In b/w of course.
                        I still have negs and slides taken over 60 years ago and the resolution is excellent.
                        I don`t know if it still applies but at one time the only medium allowed when conservation photos were submitted was film.
                        Both my sons are still involved in some way with photography and silver halide still has a good folowing.

Comment

On the post "What was the make of your first ever 8mm projector ?" Yesterday Ed Gordon posted a video of a Thunderbird projector from Youtube.

This is the perfect prime example why certain people should never be allowed anywhere near or operate a motion picture recording apparatus!
                          I genuinely can't bring myself to watch this to the end. After he turns the lights off I was expecting him to go arse over head across the room.

Has anybody heard of the invention of the tripod ?

Comment

A New Film Camera magazine has been Released for Still Film, see front cover of Issue #1 about Pentax SLR Film Camera.

https://www.camera-mag.de/shop

Name:	Issue 1 Stay Analogue Camera Mag.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	98607

Comment

Working...
                            X