Cleaning connectors/switches, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning connectors/switches, etc.

In another post I mentioned I was going to clean the various connectors, etc in my Elmo ST100 with Deoxit. I see they have a spray and a brush version. I was wondering which might be best for this application. I’m guessing the spray (with the little extension tube) might the better choice in case of hard to reach places. But the brush version would avoid overspray. I’m definitely overthinking this, but I was hoping for input from those who have done similar with their projectors.

Hi Dave,

I'm actually working on a post discussing my recent experience using contact cleaner the first time...with pictures and all! I'd have written it already, but I have this whole job-thing I do (and I wanted to see how/if the results hold up.).

Naturally, being one of mine, it will arrive with a background story. I can't just spritz some solvent, it needs to be a journey.

I'll say this much: I wouldn't worry a great deal about overspray because once the cleaner is applied, it evaporates. I'm sure I sprayed multiples of what actually hit the mark and it was all gone less than 24 hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
      but I have this whole job-thing I do.
      Me too. SOOOO annoying! Little time for hobbies like messing around with antiquated film formats! 😂

Also, looking forward to seeing the post you mentioned.

Comment

They say we should try to take the hobbies of our youth and make a career out of 'em.

"Do that and you'll never work a day in your life!"

I'm not so sure of that: when I was 8 years old I was already stringing batteries and lightbulbs together, so naturally I went into Electronics as I grew up!

-ruined Electronics for me as a hobby for a couple of decades!

Comment

Working...
        X