X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restored "Giant" premiere online

Free Online Restoration Screening

Register to receive full access through your browser

Available on-demand for 72 hours beginning at 7pm local time on January 7, 2023
    or
    Join us for a live screening with commentary on January 9, 2023 at 7pm EST

This program is available worldwide excluding Andorra, Spain, Japan, Croatia, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Alto Adige, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg

Closed Captions (CC): English
    You can register at: https://passes.delphiquest.com/giant

About the Film

Stars Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson, and James Dean light up every inch of the screen in George Stevens’s sweeping and humanistic adaptation of Edna Ferber’s 1952 novel. Taylor is the beautiful Leslie Lynnton, a headstrong woman from Maryland who marries wealthy rancher Bick Benedict (Hudson), moves to Reata, his family’s ranch in Texas, meets farmhand Rink (Dean), and navigates the patriarchal and social class structures of the era. Stevens's detailed research comes to life through William C. Mollers’s crisp and golden color cinematography, shot on location in and around Marfa, Texas. Together they create an unforgettable cinematic experience, one that earned Stevens his second Oscar for directing, as well as nine additional nominations for the film, including Best Picture.

This 4K restoration of GIANT was completed sourcing both the original camera negatives and protection RGB separation master positives. The audio was sourced primarily from a 1995 protection copy of the Original Magnetic Mono soundtrack. The picture and audio restoration was completed by Warner Bros. Post Production Creative Services: Motion Picture Imaging and Post Production Sound. Running time: 201 minutes

Restoration Credits

Restored by Warner Bros. in collaboration with The Film Foundation. Special thanks to George Stevens Jr., Martin Scorsese, and Steven Spielberg.

I've never seen it, but I have been wanting to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
      I've never seen it, but I have been wanting to see it.
      This screening will be in honor of your birthday!

I would like to watch it live along with the audience attending but 10pm is a bit late to start a movie for me. BTW, the announcement says "January 7", but I think that is a typo. It probably is 1/9/23 (Monday), and then it is available online for only 3 days. I did register and it says "no stream available at this time".

Update: After you register with Delphi, you will get an email to set your password. To view movies online go to:

https://www.film-foundation.org/

You will see the option to "Visit the Restoration Screening Room"

Here is another link to the "Extras" on Giant:
      https://www.film-foundation.org/rsr-explore-giant

Click image for larger version  Name:	filmorg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.6 KB ID:	72368

The Film Foundation, the non-profit organization created by Martin Scorsese to preserve cinema, invites you to come together for a series of beautifully restored films in the Restoration Screening Room, our new virtual theater, available through any web browser. Presentations will take place within a 24-hour window on the second Monday of each month, along with Special Features about the films and their restoration process. Monthly programming will encompass a broad array of restorations, including classic and independent films, documentaries, and silent films from around the world.
      Created in collaboration with DelphiQuest and powered by Oracle Corporation, which provides cloud storage and infrastructure capabilities.​
      Last edited by Ed Gordon; January 08, 2023, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Way to go. Was only reading about the 4k Blu Ray on offer at Zavvi.com £
        £19.99 A film I've not seen either.

Comment

Working...
        X