USPS Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS Tracking

I purchased something (non film related) on eBay, to be shipped first class mail package, and it seems lost in the void. The tracking says:

Originally posted by USPS Tracking
    USPS Tracking wrote: April 8, 2020, 2:22 am
    Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    ROCHESTER, NY 14692
    Shipping Partner: JET E-COMMERCE LOGISTIC INC

Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 2:22 am on April 8, 2020 in ROCHESTER, NY 14692. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
    This is first class mail, NOT media mail, and Rochester NY is only about 4 hours from here. The package on April 8th was already well over the estimated delivery date. Has anyone seen this before, or should I trigger eBay buyer protection? I have messaged the seller thru eBay, and he keeps telling me to be patient. If the item is really coming soon, I will wait some more, but I purchased the item because of the quick estimated delivery date and very soon will not want it anymore.

I'm having a similar issue with an Amazon order where the seller was a Marketplace Seller. They took the package to the post office where it's been sitting ever since. Hasn't even left the post office. Tracking saying the following:

March 30, 2020 at 4:22 pm
    Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
    LONG ISLAND CITY, NY 11101

As soon as it gets close to the 30 day mark for filing a claim, I'll contact both the seller & Amazon to file a claim on it.

Comment

I'd put ion a case, just to protect you're financial investment in this situation, but sometimes other things can affect how long it will take to get a package.

Some folks will print out a mailing label and you think, "good, it's already on it's way!", but all the seller has done is print out a shipping label, but haven't actually even mailed the item until days later, as there is no movement on the package.

Comment

Chatting to our UK postman who muted the service was greatly reduced now and may even cease before long. For the present I'm ordering nothing.
        Eventually post and parcels are turning up but at least 10 days late here. Don't give up hope Mitchell :-)

Comment

Yes, the postal Union (UCW) is complaining that they think the Royal Mail is putting profit before the health of employees, so ceasing deliveries may be earlier than we think.

Comment

Mitchell, It has only been a few days, so I would agree with your seller to be patient. Even 1st class mail (along with every other class) is being delayed due to the current state of things. Just because it's only four hours away doesn't really mean much, as it has to go through the proper sorting places or "hubs", which could be farther away. I know that doesn't seem to make sense, but that's the way it is...

Comment

The issue is that although I have a tracking number, the package was never delivered to the USPS, but rather is in the hands of a “shipping partner”. The USPS is still waiting for the package. See my post at the beginning of the thread. What is a”shipping partner”?

Comment

Mitchell you will probably find your package is in quarantine. Some of the businesses are holding for 3 days due to covid. Sensible. My last film order from Italy was locked down for a few days as well and I was a bit worried about that. Yours will arrive I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                X