Remembering Arthur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering Arthur

Of all the the films we watched at the cinema this one for me still tops the list. After seeing it I went out and bought the 45 rpm record. In every way Arthur was a perfect film, with Dudley Moore who I think was brilliant in his part, along with Liza Minnelli and John Gielgud. Music was by Burt Bacharach Arthur's Theme sung by Christopher Cross.

All up this 1980s film was and still timeless, anyway I came across this you-tube video this morning, so thought I would share it

PS My old 45 .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120420.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	74556

I really loved John Geilgud in that film! He was your atypical stuffy Butler, but he had a sincere affection for his alcoholic mess of a person to watch over and, in my opinion, Dudley Moore's best role ever. Funny, he had been in comedy for decades by that time, but the U.S. pretty much "discovered" Dudley at that time.

Comment

Perfect cast, perfect script, perfect movie, period.

Then we got that god awful "remake" with Russel Brand in 2011.

Comment

Ed I will never watch the re-make only the original 80s film for me

Comment

I watched the trailer for the 2011 remake, and it was obvious that it would be a dud. I like Russel Brand, but casting him as Arthur was a mistake. And who doesn't love Helen Mirren?

It's like they decided to remake Casablanca, starring Mark Wahlberg as Rick, and Jennifer Aniston as Illsa. Of course Captain Louis Renault would be played by Owen Wilson.

Comment

Russell Brand he dropped off the universe very quickly. Never could understand the attraction.

Comment

Working...
            X