So what have you been doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what have you been doing?

A mate and I went on a bit of a road trip to some local beaches. Me being me I synced some video footage, with some 35mm still footage, and some audio from Endemic (a Youtube license friendly music streaming/downloading service). I put up a short on Youtube. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is people who seem to know something about video, but know absolutely nothing about syncing audio or beat matching, which generally means their video content sounds like a 1920s silent movie, especially for 8mm.

There is a thing for knowing how to sync sound, and beat match, even with "silent" movies it makes all the difference. Here's something I did with a deliberate nostalgic home movie vibe. I used expired Kodak Elite Chrome for the 35mm shots to get the classic look, with no real editing in post other than to remove the colour shift expired film goes towards magenta. Elite Chrome was a consumer level (as opposed to professional) Kodak colour positive film stock they made in 35mm up until around 2008. I chose it deliberately for its age, as well as lack of latitude in the shadows to get a more "dated" look.

I wonder if anyone has been doing anything interesting?
    Last edited by Orestes Roumeliotis; March 23, 2023, 07:16 AM.

I just planted what seemed like a ton of Iris bulbs for the wifey! Film-wise? I have been having some pretty good luck at finding classic 35mm 50's and 60's TV commercials, which can be rather hard to come by. You are correct, syncing image to sound can be rather difficult!

Comment

Hi Osi,

Nice to here you're keeping your wife happy, as they say, a happy wife leads to a happy life. An unhappy wife? You don't want to know.... As to TV, and other video sources, yes, it really is hard sometimes to find the stuff that nobody thought anyone would care about archiving. I mean I was only born in the 1980s, but sometimes when I see things from the 1990s when I was a teenager it does give me the nostalgic vibes of life.

It's good to see people getting out and leading their version of their best life though.

Comment

Working...
      X