Vertigo Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post

That makes too much sense Osi, it will never happen! I am always amazed by comments from the younger generations about how those old movies look so new. They have only seen the classics on B&W TV, and never realized we have had High Definition on 35mm film for more that a century...
    I'm sure I saw it as a restored 70mm print on a re-release, that would be ideal for the Leicester Square Odeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
      Henry Fonda went thru the same fall out when he starred in "Once Upon A Time in the West", where he played a child killing villian. They couldn't imagine Henry doing such a thing. I was surprised to hear of Hitchcock's objections to Jimmy Stewart's age, when Hitchcock specifically wanted him for the role and sounds more like the director blaming his own cast for his own mistakes or potential ineptitude. Don't get me wrong. When Hitchcock was spit on, no one could touch him, ( The Birds, Pscycho), but honestly, I found many of his films to be rather boring.
      I read an article on Hitchcock, and they pointed out that he saw Jimmy Stewart as an older man obsessed with younger women (blondes in particular) much like Hitchcock himself. Lot's of rumors out there about the odd way he treated his actresses. Art imitating life?

Comment

Working...
      X