Laurel and Hardy - Their Lives and Magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurel and Hardy - Their Lives and Magic

Just watched this tribute to L&H on Sky Arts, a fabulous documentary on them which was nearly 2 hours long. Did anyone else see it?
    what a great comedy duo, who loved each other like brothers right to the end. They will never be surpassed in my opinion.
    Can be watched on Sky Go if you type the title in the search bar.
    Last edited by Terry Sills; March 26, 2023, 08:44 AM.

There was certainly a special chemistry to they're humor. Consistently hilarious and a comedy that never replied on profanities or nudity ECT, not that those elements can't be funny, but, in a manner of speaking, it was pure comedy, a comedy that the whole family can sit down a watch, and the kind of comedy that, even though you have see n it countless times, you still laugh when Ollie looks at the camera for sympathy, or Stan's genuine machinations that will inevitably end in total destruction to themselves and everything around them.

Comment

They were certainly the best of all the film duo comedians. They still raise a chuckle from my grandchildren when I show one of their films to them in my home cinema and that is to a generation far more sophisticated than we were at their age. Speaking for myself of course! They were of the few comedians who managed to retain their popularity when moving from silent to sound films. However, their last film was a disaster in my opinion, probably because of their age and neither of them were in the best of health by then. Ken Finch.

Comment

Working...
      X