No announcement yet.

Welcome to one "Mr ELMO"!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought that was Bill Parsons but apparently there are others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CBC2C2E5-F4A9-4C5D-896C-800C19BBFEDC.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	78712

Comment

?!? I must have missed something!

Comment

Don’t mess with the Muppet. Woke remake of Dirty Harry.

Comment

Ahhhh, yes, my "muppet" comment, as well as our Faulkner's love of "Kermits". I once did a Radio skit called "Emo's World", instead of "Elmo's World, which starred an Emo kid who'd fly off the handle over anything! Wish I had kept a few of those. I had to stop them, in fear of the children's television workshop and Sesame Street coming after me, and it appears that you've had to deal with they're top Hitman, Mike!

Comment

Nothing wrong with the Muppets. Been carrying people like Michael Caine for years now. Like the photo?

Away for lunch now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7B7FAE8F-8114-4FC5-A2BA-AB01B4CDB5D0.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	78753

Comment

Taking aim at the 708 EL.....👹

The photo at the top of page 2
              Last edited by Chip Gelmini; April 21, 2023, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Seeing Kevin Faulkner back on the forum is good news. It makes me wonder where so many regular contributors went after the
                change from the old forum to the new. Looking back through the archived section there were so many, have they given up the hobby, moved over to digital or are they living off grid ? It would be nice to see some of them back again as well.

Comment

Animal! Top Muppet! Beats the heck out of Kermit! That might be ever so slightly influenced by my love of percussion. Sadly, some that do not post anymore, have passed on, others drew lines and moved elsewhere or, so to speak, "passed quietly into the night". Some still show up after being quiet for years, bit only to sell they're collections due to ill health or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                    Animal! Top Muppet! Beats the heck out of Kermit! That might be ever so slightly influenced by my love of percussion. Sadly, some that do not post anymore, have passed on, others drew lines and moved elsewhere or, so to speak, "passed quietly into the night". Some still show up after being quiet for years, bit only to sell they're collections due to ill health or otherwise.
                    And any similarity between Animal and Keith Moon of The Who is entirely deliberate.

Comment

Hah! Welcome back to the Earl of Faulkner! We're still crazy after all these years!

Comment

...welcome back Kevin, Here's the first technical challenge: I have a great GS-1200 and replaced the recording capacitor but when trying to record, it doesn't erase the original tracks so I end up with a muddle. Fortunately I have a second upgraded GS I use for strictly recording. The one I am referring to is my playback projector. What is the possible cause of no erase and poor sound Quality even with a capacitor replacement?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Burton. Difficult question to answer. My first question to you is did you replace with the correct value capacitor. If the capacitor value is way off then it will stop recording properly as the frequency of the oscillator will be way off. I take it you have checked that you have not got the double rec switch turned on?

Comment

...I will join in the Welcomes! Your now archived posts have helped me and I am sure, many other members maintain, modify and repair their Elmo Projectors. As well as superb input with regards to the Hobby as it was and is today!

Comment

Hi Kevin, It is the the right capacitor, same one used in my recording GS. Not sure but will look at double record switch and do another trial run. Could be a week from now so stay tuned and Thank you!

Comment

Something else many have heard me say over the years is that its a good idea every time you use your machines to put the machine in and out of record a few times. This helps to keep the switch contacts clean. If the contacts become very tarnished through lack of use all sorts of strange anomalies can occur.
                                With ref to Kermit and muppets above many will remember that I had a green Kawasaki Ninja which I nick named Kermit. I now have a Suzuki which is nick named suzie lol. Very little used these days as I also have a car.

Comment

Working...
                                X