Pinky and Perky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinky and Perky

AH! memories Pinky and Perky came across this at my favorite record store this week.

Well at the end of the day this has put a smile on my face 😀

Comment

Pinky and Perky, hmmmm. I will control myself and refrain from excessively naughty comments on my part and limit myself to ask, are these Pinky and Perky, some good friends of yours?

Comment

They sound just like Alvin and the Chipmunks!

Comment

Sorry Doug but Pinky and Perky is it anybody that watched TV back in those long ago times would remember Pinky and Perky on TV. Back in the early 1960s there was a TV program called "Juke Box Jury", well this is there take of it

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
            Pinky and Perky, hmmmm. I will control myself and refrain from excessively naughty comments on my part and limit myself to ask, are these Pinky and Perky, some good friends of yours?
            Though a couple of girls at a club I belonged to in the 1970's were nicknamed Pinky & Perky. These were the originals https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinky_and_Perky. I think recorded at half speed then dubbed at full speeed as with Alvin and the Chipmonks.
            Last edited by Brian Fretwell; April 28, 2023, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Ahhhhh, the UK version of Alvin and the Chipmunks, as stated earlier.

Comment

Back in the day, we only ever two channels on TV that I can remember the transmissions were all b/w. One was the BBC the other STV "Scottish Television" and that was about it. I never really watched that much TV, but there were some programs that do bring back memories.

Anyway jumping forward many many years, when during my apprenticeship days going to the Watt Memorial College in Greenock there was another apprentice I would travel with as we both lived in the same town, and what he was forever saying was Flobbadob and Weeeed from "Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men" . You also have to remember, that motor mechanics in general, are a bit of a strange bunch, a bit like film collectors

Anyway the thing is, as we "ALL" get older, one thing that does happen, is that you start to remember long ago memories, for some strange reason they start to come back a lot more, short term memories, well you would be lucky if you can remember yesterday. Bottom line, its a age thing, something the younger members here can look forward to in there twilight years.

Well I better Flobbadob away

Comment

PS, this is for all the oldies on the forum, who remembers the 1965 TV series "Robinson Crusoe"??. I was about 12 or 13 at the time and was totally taken in by the music, to this day I have not ever forgot it. Some things stick in our minds, and this one certainly has. I would really like to watch the series again. It would be the first time since 1965-66

Comment

Working...
                  X