Pictures from the 66th BFCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from the 66th BFCC

Here’s a few pictures from today’s very successful BFCC...great to see such a good turnout!!
    Attached Files

Mark,

These look incredible. All the hard work that you and John put in absolutely paid off. That's one great picture with the two of you & Keith Wilton!

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. Hope I can attend the next one.

Comment

Excellent turnout and good to meet up with some old friends again after a very long time.

Comment

Great day. A big well done to Mark and John for organising this. Great to see Keith in attendance.

Comment

A few more pictures here.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, big thanks to John and Mark for such a well organised event. Lots of goodies available from the tables at decent prices. And food and drink available all day including hot food - very nice.
              Great to catch up with so many people and make a few new acquaintances too.

After a witty intro by film writer David McGillivray, Items I can remember from the varied Super 8mm programme included Pete Walker horror trailers, a selection of recent releases from Classic Home Cinema and Dorun Films including a Barney Bear MGM Cartoon (Barney’s Hungry Cousin), a trailer to Avatar 2, Reel Collector’s Favourites featuring a clip from Gremlins amongst others, a horror trailer reel which included Halloween Resurrected and Scary Movie and then the Crane Chase from Terminator 3 which was a really great watch. A very enjoyable 8mm Walton double bill of Laurel and Hardy (Helpmates and Tit for Tat) was presented by Spizz Energi. Then later we had the scope releases of I Tawt I saw a Puddy Cat (Scope),​ The World is Not Enough and the final reels of Star Wars: A New Hope (the Reel Image version).

35mm was then projected, a delight to watch in the capable hands of projectionist Simon Nicholls. Screening on his Portacine were a selection of trailers including a Black Hole promo, a trailer to Evil Under the Sun and a hilarious preview of ​The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu – Peter Sellers having a lot of fun! A great idea was the alternating of 4k projector clips with the 35mm show allowing the audience to do a weigh up between the two formats. The winner? Well if I'm honest both looked really great to my eyes. So there! 35mm reels included Silent Running and Crimson Tide while 4k clips included Le Mans ’66 and My Fair Lady.

An amazing day. Very much appreciated. Hope they do it all over again soon!....
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Ryan Driscoll; April 30, 2023, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Really enjoyed the event at Chorleywood, the sun shone , good turnout of enthusiasts, lots to buy and excellent catering , it doesn’t get much better !! Lovely to have chat with Keith W,
                Thanks to Mark and John for bringing it all together.
                John

Comment

Kudos to John and Mark for bringing back something, not seen in seven years, that most figured would just be a grand memory from the past, that would never resurface! Major Kudos!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 6 .jpg
Views:	271
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	79676 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 14.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	79677 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 10.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	79678 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 9.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	79679 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 7.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	79680 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 15.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	79681 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 16.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	79682 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 19.jpg
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	79683 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 18.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	79684 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 21.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	79685 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 29 Reframe.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	79686 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 20.jpg
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	79687 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 30.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	79688 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 28.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	79689 Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCC 2023 Stills 24.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	79690 A few more photos from the weekend.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks for posting those photos Stuart, they look good, that 35mm projector also looks impressive, nice to see everyone enjoying the day.

Comment

I've combined two separate threads here so that all the pictures can be found in one place.

Stuart,

The close-ups are first rate. Great faces!

Comment

Thanks for all the photos. Recognised some of the faces, although looking older. Very reminiscent of Ealing. Really wish I could have attended. Just one of the frustrations of getting old. Ken Finch 😏

Comment

Working...
                              X