Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water/Bubble Level?

Hi!

Is anybody using a water/bubble level that is attached to the camera?

There seems to be two different models: One that gets attached to a flash connector (that isn’t available on most of my movie cameras). And one that gets glued onto the camera.

In the past, I didn’t need it as a level was integrated into my old, now damaged tripod. But the new tripod doesn’t have such a level. At first, I didn’t notice as my „ditch-ital camera“ has an integrated one (visible as „virtual horizon“ in the viewfinder). But now, I’m missing this feature on my (D)S8-cameras… (last vacation, I even put my smartphone onto the camera and used a „level“-app to bypass this).

I wonder if there are any experiences with any add-on water/bubble levels. Is there any model that should be avoided? Is it better to attach the level to the tripod than to the camera?

One of the many models that goes into the flash connector:
    https://asset.conrad.com/media10/isa...-1-libelle.jpg

This one has to be glued onto the camera:
    https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81TskdNzT7L.jpg

Thanks for your help
    Jörg

They are known here as spirit levels and easily obtained in a variety of sizes from hardware or tool stores. Probably best to fix it to the camera as you may not always be using a tripod. Personally I never feel the need to use one. Ken Finch.

Comment

I'm used to having a built in bubble on my Sachtler tripod, so I automatically balance from the tripod head. I'm also very glad my Sony camera has a digital level in the viewfinder. There have been days when I've had that camera on my shoulder for hours and I welcome the confirmation that I'm not tilting!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bubble sachtler.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	79785

Comment

Working...
      X