Interesting find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting find!

I received an eBay auction today, which was labeled only as "animation" and occasionally will bid on these things, just for the heck of it. Well, this was most interesting. The first part was the classic "lighters" commercial, (there is no smoking in this theater), with an additional "preview of coming attractions", but after this is a stop motion animated commercial, 60 seconds, for Bic Razors. They are 35mm, sadly faded, but I am thinking that at least the Bik Razor commercial is well worth a restoration! The Bic commercial was animated by Fred Von Bernewitz.

Osi, I had no idea that you had a 35mm projector. Also when you say restored what do you mean in relation to that print. How do you restore it?

Comment

No, I don't have any 35mm projectors or viewers, but I thoroughly enjoy finding 35mm rarities when I can! It would have to be a digital restoration and not a film restoration, as with, for instance, Brad Miller's color restoration that he does on faded prints on his YouTube page.

Comment

I think that 4th one down is the stop motion animation one, and the "Bic Flick" ones are the other. By the way, for some odd reason, that 4th one just has the audio, but no moving image. At least, not when I watched it, the "No littering" one.

Comment

Working...
        X